Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

  1. #16
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Majewski blew the Louisville lead and took a loss:

    1.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 2 K

    Bruce had the day off.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Mike McKennon hit a 2-run HR to give Dayton a 3-0 lead. Todd Frazier is 2-for-3 with two singles.

  4. #18
    Member icehole3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    3,109

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    isnt he eating up innings for another prospect, when will it end


  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,810

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Majewski blew the Louisville lead and took a loss:

    1.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 2 K

    Bruce had the day off.
    Better it be Louisville than Cincinnati.

  6. #20
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,716

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Better it be Louisville than Cincinnati.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    108

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    BJ Sysmanski just hit a grand slam home run in the eighth inning for the Lookouts.

  8. #22
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Roenicke allowed an unearned run in the 7th to tie the game.

    1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-06-2008 at 05:37 PM.

  9. #23
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Chattanooga won game 1 of the DH 8-4.

    B.J. Szymanski went 2-for-3 with a double and a grand slam.

    Carlos Fisher threw a 1-2-3 inning with a strikeout to end the game.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,737

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    is Carlos Fisher a reliever now?
    Go BLUE!!!

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    B.J. Szymanski went 2-for-3 with a double and a grand slam.

    the corpse breathes?

    the Monster is ALIVE!

  12. #26
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Why is Justin Mallett a starter? I understand that the Reds aren't exactly loaded with better options, but Mallett is, from what I hear, considered to be a non-prospect, lacks command and control, and is old for his level. Maybe Krivsky and his guys see something in Mallett that the previous regimes didn't?
    I became a fan of Mallett when he was with the dragons. He's always been a below the radar prospect, that I thought had potential to reach the majors as a reliver. He was somewhat of a late bloomer (I think he even got cut from his HS baseball team when he transferred to a new school his senior year, though perhaps the coach was just playing favorites w/ players that had been at that school longer). He caught on w/ a JC somewhere and put up decent numbers. He appeared to have a so-so fastball with a great changeup when I saw him pitch for the Dragons a couple of times. I know he was suspended at some point for violating mlb drug policies (for what I'm not sure).

    My guess is that they start him because he has the frame to handle the load, and he's not really a late innings closer, so this probably gives him more regular work in hopes that he develops into something servicable at somepoint, perhaps a long reliver type if there are a rash if injuries and they need someone to fill in. At this point is unlikely that he'll reach the majors w/ the Reds, his track was really thrown off by that suspension (I think it may have been the 50 game type), but I imagine there is still a glimmer of hope. I'm not sure how he looks now, but his change up was very, very nice when pitching for the Dragons. Plus he's always put up decent numbers at every stop along the way, well at least until the suspension, I'm not exactly sure how he did last year.

  13. #27
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    is Carlos Fisher a reliever now?
    Yup. Very good move to switch him to a reliever IMO. He could be a decent starting pitcher in the majors but a great setup man. Pushing him to the pen accelerates his ETA to the majors. Don't be surprised to see him in Cincy late this summer if he has a nice season in the minors.

  14. #28
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I became a fan of Mallett when he was with the dragons. He's always been a below the radar prospect, that I thought had potential to reach the majors as a reliver. He was somewhat of a late bloomer (I think he even got cut from his HS baseball team when he transferred to a new school his senior year, though perhaps the coach was just playing favorites w/ players that had been at that school longer). He caught on w/ a JC somewhere and put up decent numbers. He appeared to have a so-so fastball with a great changeup when I saw him pitch for the Dragons a couple of times. I know he was suspended at some point for violating mlb drug policies (for what I'm not sure).

    My guess is that they start him because he has the frame to handle the load, and he's not really a late innings closer, so this probably gives him more regular work in hopes that he develops into something servicable at somepoint, perhaps a long reliver type if there are a rash if injuries and they need someone to fill in. At this point is unlikely that he'll reach the majors w/ the Reds, his track was really thrown off by that suspension (I think it may have been the 50 game type), but I imagine there is still a glimmer of hope. I'm not sure how he looks now, but his change up was very, very nice when pitching for the Dragons. Plus he's always put up decent numbers at every stop along the way, well at least until the suspension, I'm not exactly sure how he did last year.
    Thank you for the info; it's very informative.

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    664

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Majewski blew the Louisville lead and took a loss:

    1.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 2 K

    Bruce had the day off.
    Wow. When is enough going to be enough and the Reds organization gives up on this guy?

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: Sunday April 6th minor league updates

    Syzmanski hit another home run in the second game. Have we got a story brewing here? Wouldn't a breakout from this guy be fantastic? I'm hoping this is his year.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25