Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Voluez and Cueto in Fantasy league?

Anyone have Voluez and Cueto in Fantasy league?

I do and all I can say is in the words of Marty the King "How you lookin?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone have Voluez and Cueto in Fantasy league?

In my snake draft they went WAY early.

In my auction some guy that knows little outbid me on Cueto for $3(!). I didn't have enough to bid $4. My consolation prize? Volquez at a buck.

I took Volquez with my final pick in my 14 team league.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I was in a big draft with lots where you even have a minor league team. I was playing with non-Reds fans and nobody knew much about Cueto or Volquez. I think I got Volque in like the 22nd round.

This draft did take place before spring training so I also got Cueto insanely late designed to be on my minor league squad. Instead I'm the first one to start getting dividends from my minor league team.

Anyways, I'm in 5 leagues, and have Volquez in 4 of them (my brother had to be a big jerk and take him, but he was nice enough to leave me Cueto), Cueto in a couple. Unfortunately with Cueto, Yahoo didn't have him available until after his first start. Which kind of sucks. Nobody knew about him until he set fire in his first start. Otherwise I would have picked up Cueto before anyone even knew who he was.

We drafted auction in mid-March. I got Cueto for $2 and Volquez in the reserve draft.

I'm looking "great".

I got Cueto with my final pick in my league.

Cruisin' for trouble

Guy in my league has both of them - he's a Phillies fan. Must have been a tough day for him.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I have Volquez. Yahoo didn't have Cueto in the system soon enough otherwise I would have had both. Nice production so far

I got 'em both. If they are both this good, both my real team and my fantasy team could be quite competitive this year!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Have them both, my last two picks... Boy, do all the fantasy leaguers in my league hate me now... None are reds fans and knew nothing about either one...

I picked Ceuto after his first start. He convinced me he's was worth it after one start. I dropped Dontrelle Willis to pick him up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I don't have Cueto. I tried to pick him up, but I didn't have a very high waiver priority, so someone else got him.

I have Volquez though.

Just drafted Volquez today...he went for 11 bucks, and Cueto went for 21! If we would have held it a week ago, Cueto probably would have gone for 6 or something like that.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I'm in a 16 team league with 30-man rosters (480 players). I was hoping to get Cueto, but he went way too early for a young rookie pitcher. I'm sure it didn't help that Jayson Stark ran an article about the hot spring surprises 2 days before my draft.
    Stick to your guns.

I picked Cueto up with my next to last pick in our draft. Everyone hates me. Claiming I had "insider knowledge".

Yeah, so?

Turn Off Ads?