Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Minor Leaguer

Re: Your favorite Minor Leaguer

Sorry, Ryan

2. Turn Off Ads?

mkainer21 - are you in Houston ? did you see him playing softball ? i bet that's a sight to see - a washed up guy playing softball...

Juan Francisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I'm going to see Valaika and Francisco play the Tampa team this weekend - it's my turn to keep my kids and my little boy is dying to watch a game. Can't wait. I'll try and get some pictures

Stubbs because I don't really like him that much, but I keep rooting for him to prove me wrong. I want to be wrong. It feels good.

Current:
    Jay Bruce
    Justin Tordi
    Todd Frazier
    Chris Heisey

Former Reds Minor Leaguers:

Russell Haltiwanger
    Zac Stott
    Andy Boutwell
    Bobby Basham
    Bradley Key

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Russell Haltiwanger
    Zac Stott
    Andy Boutwell
    Bobby Basham
    Bradley Key
    These are very interesting picks. It's also intriguing to me that four of the five were traded. What are you reasons for liking them so?

Alvin Colina, Rosales, Valaika. Not because of their talents, but because of there work ethic and how they play.

There are a number, but I have to raise my hand for Justin Turner.

I know...minor league second basemen aren't really prospects, but watching Turner and Valakia side by side the big difference I could spot was simply that Valakia was a year younger.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Alvin Colina, Rosales, Valaika. Not because of their talents, but because of there work ethic and how they play.
    the latter 2 i can agree with, but i took my kids to see a spring training game on the back fields of sarasota while the big league game was going on and he looked rather lazy behind the plate. i don't think i saw valaika on the same team as colina and rosales (mr. hustle) that day

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    mkainer21 - are you in Houston ? did you see him playing softball ? i bet that's a sight to see - a washed up guy playing softball...
    "Washed up" isn't exactly the right term. The guy's suspended for 50 games, remember? He'll probably sign with someone mid-year to go back to AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    There are a number, but I have to raise my hand for Justin Turner.

I know...minor league second basemen aren't really prospects, but watching Turner and Valakia side by side the big difference I could spot was simply that Valakia was a year younger.
    I remember listening to the live draft feed when the Reds took Turner in the, what, seventh round? And yet the analyst gave Justin's thumbnail description and said, "You just know that guy's making the majors!". He wasn't saying that about anyone else at that point in the selection process.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    "Washed up" isn't exactly the right term. The guy's suspended for 50 games, remember? He'll probably sign with someone mid-year to go back to AAA.
    oh. i wonder how many games he has left ???

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    oh. i wonder how many games he has left ???
    X+1, where X= the number of games into the season we are.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    These are very interesting picks. It's also intriguing to me that four of the five were traded. What are you reasons for liking them so?
    They were all good guys in Dayton
    Last edited by JayBruceFan; 04-11-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Turn Off Ads?