Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tracy McGrady - MVP

Tracy McGrady - MVP

Before everyone starts laughing consider some facts:

1)When Yao Ming was lost for the season the 'experts' proclaimed the Rockets would drop out of the playoff picture. Wrong. Since that game the Rockets have responded by winning 16 out of 21 games (16-5), winning at better than a 75% pace.

2)Minus Yao Ming the Rockets' starting five has been inhabited by the likes of Dikembe Mutombo, Rafer Alston, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Carl Landry and Bobby Jackson. In addition, the bench has featured such stalwarts as Chuck Hayes, Aaron Brooks, Steve Novak, Luther Head, and Mike Harris. Seriously, which current NBA superstar joins that nondescript bunch and forges a 16-5 record? Maybe Kobe, maybe.

3)The schedule hasn't been daunting, but has included games against the Warriors (2x), the Lakers, the Celtics, the Hornets (2x), the Spurs, the Suns, the Nuggets and the Cavs (2x). The works out to 11 out of 21 games against teams that are probably gonna make the playoffs.

Based on the above, T-Mac would get my vote.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tracy McGrady - MVP

Gotta go with Kobe or CP3... they've been too good IMO

Where would the Celts be without KG? They're 25-5 versus the West, so that's no excuse. I know it means a lot of different things to different people, best vs. "most valuable" etc, but my money is on Garnett. You're looking at the biggest single season turn-around in NBA history, and with all due respect to Ray Allen, it wasn't his doing.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yeah, but look what Kobe has done for the Lakers and he did it before Gasol came. Chris Paul has also taken the Hornets to another level (along w/ West). I don't like that excuse for an MVP, because most teams aren't very good without their best player. Then you end up comparing who has a weaker cast and it goes away from the individual player. Using this statement, I think Lebron gets it for not having a single above average player to help him out. (IMO)

I think I'm going Kobe/Paul (not even sure who I would go with honestly), KG, then TMac.

LeBron and Garnett split the votes in the East.

Kobe and Chris Paul split votes in the West.

I'd vote for Paul, but I'll be the first to admit my bias.

Turn Off Ads?