• Tiger

20 62.50%
  • The Field

12 37.50%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tiger or the field?

Re: Tiger or the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That is a great story and there are a lot of nice stories out there this year, but the biggest and most Cinderella type story is one that I really haven't heard much about. 8 months ago Owen Wilson tried to kill himself and he had a jacked up nose. Now look at him. He's out of the hospital doing much better by all accounts, he's gotten his nose fixed and he's 2 shots back from the lead at the Masters, ON SUNDAY no less. I really hope he wins, but just him being out there is a victory in my book.
    This is what I was referencing.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is what I was referencing.
    Never mind. It was a small attempt at humor on my part that has gone very wrong. Obviously not funny. Sometimes you swing and miss.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sorry. I completely missed it. I don't get the reference at all. My guess is it's a movie I haven't seen.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Also, I REALLY love the whole 3D looks at the holes that CBS has added this year. Many times the gimmicks networks add to sports telecasts just detract from the watching pleasure (see Fox and baseball coverage). But this really helps the viewers to appreciate what the players are looking at while playing Augusta.

I was just thinking the opposite- perhaps my lack of imagination is getting in the way, but the 3D shots didn't do much for me.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Sorry. I completely missed it. I don't get the reference at all. My guess is it's a movie I haven't seen.
    Brandt

Owen

Flashback- watching the '78 Masters on CBS- I can remember my dad yelling at the TV, "Just hit the ball for Chrissakes, Hubert!"

I had forgotten how he would labor over those short shots; it was agonizing to watch him. But man, I don't remember anyone who could get up and down like he could.

And how about those Sans-a-belt slacks? Awful.

Fingers crossed Paul Casey can mount a challenge today. Also nice if Poulter can finish top 5 to win me a little money

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Flashback- watching the '78 Masters on CBS- I can remember my dad yelling at the TV, "Just hit the ball for Chrissakes, Hubert!"

I had forgotten how he would labor over those short shots; it was agonizing to watch him. But man, I don't remember anyone who could get up and down like he could.

And how about those Sans-a-belt slacks? Awful.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the look back at the '78 Masters. 64 on Sunday. That's awesome. And I enjoyed the interview with Player. I'm a big fan of his.

And I didn't know a whole lot about that Masters, so I didn't realize Green missed a near tap in to lose it. You could tell by his body language he didn't have much chance. He really talked himself out of it. I can't imagine the games that would play with your mind knowing you just needed to knock in a 3 footer to go into a playoff for the Masters. Scott Hoch's is still the biggest choke I've ever seen.

I do remember there being some talk about him backing off the shot because someone clicked their camera. Just think of the reaction these days if that would happen to Tiger. Green didn't seem to be too upset about it, but it had to throw him off. Nevertheless, he should have made it.

I like Immelman's swing, but I like Snedeker's even more because he is the epitome of tempo, rhythm and swinging easy to hit it long. I hope these two guys don't fold; it would be fun to watch them both play well today.

Brilliant eagle by Snedeker on #2. Only the second one of the week. He looks comfortable. Doesn't look like Tiger's day. He just missed a 4 footer on #4 for par. I think he's done. His putter never got going this week. He's missed more inside 10 feet this week when than I've seen him miss in a long time.

Circus putt! Through the windmill and under the dinosaur. Tiger looks tight- I get bored with their discussing it. Cut back to the leaders.

Well, this is turning into a snoozer. Snedeker has fallen apart, which I didn't think would happen, and Immelman has hit two straight approach shots within 5 feet. He missed the second one, but still has a 4 shot lead.

Tiger with a 70 footer on 11, but has another long putt for birdie on 12.

Edit: Chip not putt.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 04-13-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Turn Off Ads?