• Tiger

20 62.50%
  • The Field

12 37.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger or the field?

Re: Tiger or the field?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I will root for Wetterich because he is a local guy but he may be one of the dumbest players on tour. I remember hearing an interview with him after he had the lead in day two of the masters and blew up trying to hit a miracle shot. He was asked if he would play that same way again and said something to the extent of "Yes thats how I play the game." You don't win majors playing that way. You win majors by limiting the damage when you get into trouble.
    Tin Cup

BTW, ESPN's website is showing Amen Corner coverage now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will root for Wetterich because he is a local guy but he may be one of the dumbest players on tour. I remember hearing an interview with him after he had the lead in day two of the masters and blew up trying to hit a miracle shot. He was asked if he would play that same way again and said something to the extent of "Yes thats how I play the game." You don't win majors playing that way. You win majors by limiting the damage when you get into trouble.
    Phil says hello.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

BTW, ESPN's website is showing Amen Corner coverage now.
    That's it- I'm pretty much done for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I think he has zero chance of winning, and probably even cracking the Top 5, but I'm pulling for Brett Wetterich to make the Top 10 by the end of the weekend to make sure we see him in plenty of Masters to come.

Dude's got the game, as long as he stays sober.
    I had never heard that about him. It would be surprising since his brother was killed by a drunk driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    That's it- I'm pretty much done for the day...

They are showing holes 15 & 16 starting in about an hour.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Always a treat to see the caddies decked out in their Tyvek wear.

Gary Player = Jack LaLanne

This video coverage was pretty good when it started but now it's getting choppy.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Phil says hello.
    A slight difference with Phil. Phil is a much better overall player. And besides Phil's supid decision cost him an open and probably a year of mental issues with his game. Brett is probably in the second tier of pro golfers behind the likes of Tiger, Phil, VJ, Erine, etc. When you want to beat a better golfer you can't make mental mistakes, you can't play stupid.

You don't win majors playing that way. You win majors by limiting the damage when you get into trouble.
    That's the part I was responding to.
    Phil has three majors, two of which came at Augusta.

Unless your Phil Mickelson you don't win majors playing that way. You win majors by limiting the damage when you get into trouble.
    Anyway, maybe this is the way to put it then. I'd agree with that...except for the occasional gigantic flame outs.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I had never heard that about him. It would be surprising since his brother was killed by a drunk driver.
    His brother Matt (IIRC) was killed by a drunk driver, and Brett has his brother's initials on his staff bag, and I believe the back of his tour hat.

I know for a fact Brett drank heavily while on the Nationwide Tour, and his drinking resulted in him missing cuts b/c he'd celebrate a great 1st round, only to be hungover or sometimes still drunk during round 2, and then miss the cut.

He's gotten better with his drinking, and I would assume his brother's unfortunate death would be a direct cause of that, but it's no secret that Brett is one of the bigger post-round partiers on Tour. He's not in Daly's class, but there was a time in his life when he wasn't far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    His brother Matt (IIRC) was killed by a drunk driver, and Brett has his brother's initials on his staff bag, and I believe the back of his tour hat.

I know for a fact Brett drank heavily while on the Nationwide Tour, and his drinking resulted in him missing cuts b/c he'd celebrate a great 1st round, only to be hungover or sometimes still drunk during round 2, and then miss the cut.

He's gotten better with his drinking, and I would assume his brother's unfortunate death would be a direct cause of that, but it's no secret that Brett is one of the bigger post-round partiers on Tour. He's not in Daly's class, but there was a time in his life when he wasn't far behind.
    Yes, Matt was killed by a drunk driver. Then there was another death in the family right after that, like his sister's mother in law, or maybe his mother in law. Can't remember exactly. He lived right down the street from me when we were kids; his sister is my age, but I only remember him as a little squirt who was a golf phenom.
    Anyway, you can take the boy out of Delhi but you can't take the Delhi out of the boy, I guess- there was a quarter barrel in every garage refrigerator when we were kids.

There's a really neat Master's blog that I've been reading.

Tom Shaw, Vanderbilt's Head Men's Golf Coach, is caddying for Michael Thompson at the 2008 Masters. Thompson played for Shaw at Tulane before transferring to the University of Alabama prior to last season. He earned a spot in this week's event by finishing second at the 2007 U.S. Amateur. Shaw will be contributing exclusive content from Augusta to vucommodores.com all week.
    http://vucommodores.cstv.com/sports/...041008aab.html

It's a pretty good read and from a different perspective. The Wednesday piece about the par 3 tournament and all the older guys who make the young guys feel welcome is really good stuff too.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Looks like taking the field was a good bet. Guess there won't be any grand slam for Tiger this year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?