Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Utley for Peavy?

Utley for Peavy?

This is a trade that I have sorta been offered in a 3 player keeper league. 10 teams. The other guy hasn't officially made the offer, but I think he would take it if I offered it, he brought it up first.

My other keepers are ARod and Reyes.

My offense is very strong, besides the above 3 I have C. Pena, Dunn, Byrnes, Morneau, Ankiel.

My other starters are Smoltz, F. Hernandez, Maine, Cueto, McGowan, Lincecum.

Is this trade worth it in a keeper league? Obviously Peavy would then be my 3rd keeper. Or is my pitching staff strong enough to carry me and hopefully I'll just dominate the offensive categories...

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Utley for Peavy?

Is it a points league?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Is it a points league?
    No, it's a 5x5 + BB-E on offense and L-HLDs for pitching...

Utley is a mid 1st rounder while Peavy was a late 2nd rounder... So you should be getting more value. Santana is fair value

When asking for advice, you (referring to anyone) need some basic things like ...
    Is it H2H? Roto? etc
    # of teams, # of roster spots
    Categories
    Weekly/Daily?
    *Your entire roster if it's a trade

For example.. your BA is very low.. so in a Roto league utley is needed to up the BA. In H2H, BA is more random and doesn't matter as much.
    If you have a good replacement, the loss might not hurt at much but I have no idea what it is.
    Will you be forced to bench another SP if you get Peavy - goes with weekly leagues

Pitching is always worth less because of random injuries. Escobar/Lackey/Beckett/CC were all basically 1-2-3-4 in the Cy Young last year, and all either have injuries or struggling right now. Peavy won 11G with 4.09 ERA in 2006.

And even with Utley's injury last year, he basically put up a 100/20/100/10/.330 line. I don't see how Peavy could be more valuable.

I don't think you need Peavy, to be honest. That team sounds pretty dominant already. If you do trade Utley, you should also get some sort of "sweetener" to even the value. Perhaps someone like Jay Bruce. : )
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?