Thread: Homer watch

Homer watch

Figured we should start a thread on his progress:

So far he has:

7 IP

5 hits

1 BB

2 K's

(By the way I also noticed Thompson has 6 IP, 3 hits, 0 BB's and 5 K's in Chattanooga)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer watch

Shouldn't this thread be placed in the Minor League Forum? A good idea to keep track of his progress, however.

Incidentally, Homer goes tonight. He faces Kei Igawa who pitched 6 perfect innings in his first start this season.

Senor Votto

5.2ip, 4 hits, 7 strikeouts, 1 walk and no runs.

Senor Votto

In Homer's two starts hes done this:

13.2 Innings pitched, 9 hits, 9 k's, 2 walks.
    Not bad.

Now here's Cueto's MLB stats:

13.1 Innings pitched, 6 hits, 18 K's, 0 walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    In Homer's two starts hes done this:

Not bad.

Now here's Cueto's MLB stats:

Runs allowed not part of the comparison?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Runs allowed not part of the comparison?
    I just got those Homer stats from the Minor League Game thread and there weren't any runs allowed in those stats so I just compared what stats I had on Homer to Cueto's. I just didn't feel like looking for Homer's stats.

If Homer keeps his pitching under control we may be looking for a spot to put him in on the reds instead of Belisle.

Great to see Homer executing well in AAA. Looking forward to hearing about how he's mixing his pitches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If Homer keeps his pitching under control we may be looking for a spot to put him in on the reds instead of Belisle.
    I wouldn't even go that far. With how well Cueto and Volquez have looked in spring training and now the beginning of the season, rushing Bailey is the last thing we should do. The very earliest I'd bring him up would be the end of May, and even than I'd be extremely hesitant.

The Reds #5 starter right now is Fogg or Belisle when he gets back. I know they're not as sexy as Bailey, but for a #5 starter, what do you expect?

that's encouraging for Bailey. the very soonest i would bring bailey up would be after the ASB and even then, he'd have to be pitching similarly to the way he is now. september might make sense too.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I just wish he could consistently get to 6 innings. Every time he goes 5+ strains the bullpen a little more and we don't seem to have a lot of room for error.

I'm impressed with Homer's early progress so far. He's throwing strikes, he was very efficient in his first start (82 pitches in 7 innings IIRC) and seems to be mixing his pitches well. I'd like to see him dominate in about 12-15 starts before I'd consider calling him up but he's on the right track right now. Keep it up Homer, I'm rooting for ya.

I just read an article on Projectprospect.com that says Johnny Cueto is the sixth youngest player in the majors. Jay Bruce is the youngest player in AAA and Homer Bailey is tied for the seventh youngest player in AAA. If Homer was in the bigs he would be the third youngest player in the majors.

Homer's showing what happens when you put a kid where he belongs. It's nice to see him thrive and I hope the Reds resist the urge to advance him too quickly. Let him kick some tail down in AAA for most of the season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?