Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Homer watch

Re: Homer watch

Bailey should dump the slider and focus everything on changeup curveball and go max effort with your fastball. Bailey should be looking to strikeout everybody and everything.

Oh, yeah, chill the partying. Last night was a bit embarrasing.

I find it is no surprise, Homer's decline started when the Reds hired Dick Pole, the master of the ignorant. Bailey isn't a finesse pitcher nor can he survive pitching in the low 90's, nor should his command be good at this stage of his career. Throw hard, break harder should be his motto. This is like telling Justin Verlander to stop throwing 99mph because it may blow out your arm.

I am seeing ugly signs of Pole's influence with Cueto as well since the season started. Pole's future depended on his ability to refine the young arms and he has done a poor job to this point(I don't count Volquez as he was a finished product by the time the trade was made).

Stop the "pitch to contact" madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You want to see a 21 year old whose already a millionaire and bound for majors some time this year to quit partying? Sorry, but I think anybody in that situation would be down for having a few drinks. Baseball players are human too...they have just as much of a right to go out and drink on their free time as all of us do.

And how is Volquez a finished project? The dude was in Single A last season, albeit to retune is stuff, but never the less, Volquez was hardly a finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    You want to see a 21 year old whose already a millionaire and bound for majors some time this year to quit partying? Sorry, but I think anybody in that situation would be down for having a few drinks. Baseball players are human too...they have just as much of a right to go out and drink on their free time as all of us do.
    I kind of agree with Aronchis. He needs to chill on partying the day before his start (if thats what it was). I don't care if he parties after and the days between his starts but it is stupid to party the night before your start.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post

And how is Volquez a finished project? The dude was in Single A last season, albeit to retune is stuff, but never the less, Volquez was hardly a finished product.
    Volquez already had a full year in AAA and pitched well minus the walks before the weird demotion he didn't need. The guy is about as finished as your going to get.

Drinking is fine, but not when it is your day to pitch.

Who said he was out partying the day before ?? Were you and Louisville and following him around all night after he left the ballpark ??

David Wells made a lot of money doing it....

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    Who said he was out partying the day before ?? Were you and Louisville and following him around all night after he left the ballpark ??

David Wells made a lot of money doing it....
    The great Aronchis knows all

the game was a night game, so he wasnt hung over unless he drank in the morning. this is absolutely the most rediculous theory i have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    the game was a night game, so he wasnt hung over unless he drank in the morning. this is absolutely the most rediculous theory i have ever heard.
    You obviously have never been really hungover.

I am all for rumors in regards to trades etc... however, when rumors spread in regards to someone's supposed partying it needs to stop. I don't mind Aronchis's views on Reds prospects, in fact I think he gives a nice balance to the minor league forum. I do object though to his posts stating that Bailey parties too much. Unless you have personal confirmation of this, or two named sources to back this rumor up I would ask you to stop spreading this info. This is not a tabloid forum it is a place to discuss Red's baseball in an appropriate manner.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Bailey's record in Dayton speaks for itself. I doubt he has changed.

Not hungover at night? Good grief, some hangovers last days.

FWIW, hopefully Jocketty tells Homer to ditch the low velocity bs and just get back to firing up darts in the zone to the best of his ability. I bet his location improves.
    Last edited by Aronchis; 05-12-2008 at 04:07 PM.

I'm not sure I want to trust insider information (lol) from a guy who is an expert on hangovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Bailey's record in Dayton speaks for itself. I doubt he has changed.

Not hungover at night? Good grief, some hangovers last days.

FWIW, hopefully Jocketty tells Homer to ditch the low velocity bs and just get back to firing up darts in the zone to the best of his ability. I bet his location improves.
    Mickey Mantle played pretty well hungover. David Wells also was a pretty good pitcher with a hangover.

To suggest that Bailey pitched poorly because he was hung over is pretty off mark.

I'm closing this thread, but ask you to start a new one. A new thread regarding Homer's abilities in between the lines of play, not his "alleged" improprieties off the field without any shred of written evidence. That is a rule 5 violation.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?