Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Homer watch

Re: Homer watch

Quote Originally Posted by knucklecup View Post
    Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
    !
    This sounds like a Chris Farley quote.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Indy Star is reporting he'll be starting Friday night. I plan on going, anyone else from the Indy area going? This will be a good opportunity to see him pitch up close.

That sucks if it is Friday. I think I can only do the Thursday game. Anyone know who is scheduled to pitch on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    That sucks if it is Friday. I think I can only do the Thursday game. Anyone know who is scheduled to pitch on Thursday?
    lehr most likely...

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    The Indy Star is reporting he'll be starting Friday night. I plan on going, anyone else from the Indy area going? This will be a good opportunity to see him pitch up close.
    If he's pitching Friday I will be there.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

The fact that Homer Bailey is pitching so well in AAA almost makes it tolerable that Bronson Arroyo suddenly absolutely sucks.

Our long-term top four of Harang, Cueto, Volquez and Bailey is still looking very good.

I will be one of the first to say it: the fact that he is pitching so well makes him Jocketty trade bait. I don't want him traded; I just fear Jocketty will use him to solve the Reds offensive problems.

The Reds, of course, are being pushed by media and fans to bring up Homer Bailey - right now - and Jay Bruce - right now.

Baker would like to see them, too - when the organization thinks they are ready. He doesn’t want to rush them and abort the progress of two 21-year-old futures.

The question? Are they ready? Will they be better than what now occupies the roster, where a lot of dead weight squats.

Bailey is 3-1 with a 1.03 ERA at Class AAA Louisville with 16 strikeouts and four walks in 26 1/3 innings. I’ve been told that Bailey was instructed to pretty much toss his curve ball into File 13 and go with his fastball, slider and changeup. That’s a tough thing because Bailey always relied on that curve and likes to revert to it when he gets in trouble.

The main thing, though, and Baker mentioned this, is that reports indicate Bailey has cut down on his pitch-count, which killed him this spring and got his ticket punched to Louisville.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Reds were pushed by the media / fans last year for Bailey and he didn't live up to the hype.

I'm not so sure he has a true slider. I'd call it more of a cut-fastball.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

As a hard thrower, I'm surprised someone didn't come to him earlier in his career and instruct him to deep-6 the curve and go exclusively with the slider.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    As a hard thrower, I'm surprised someone didn't come to him earlier in his career and instruct him to deep-6 the curve and go exclusively with the slider.
    Maybe they did and he threw a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Maybe they did and he threw a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Somebody was leaking that stuff on how Bailey was 'uncoachable' 'didn't listen' 'was aloof'. Now everything is peachy and Homer is the greatest again.

Senor Votto

6 Ip, 6 H, 4 R, 3 Bb, 6 K

I hope the plan for Bailey to do away with the curve is a short term plan. His curve was his K pitch. I don't understand why they would want to cut that out.

Are they making a plan to make him a reliever. Relievers usually use only 2 pitches.

I just think it's silly to take away the curve--it was the pitch that made him a high K pitcher.

Turn Off Ads?