Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modern Stupidity

Re: Im glad the reds saved cordero in the milwaukee series

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    He certainly is getting a lot of work watching coffey's deliveries leave the yard.
    Holy Moly, let it go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Modern Stupidity

let what go the fact the cordero is wasting time or the fact that coffey is a useless retread

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    let what go the fact the cordero is wasting time or the fact that coffey is a useless retread
    I was referring to trying to come up with a reason after the fact that it was unintelligent by the manager to not have Cordero pitch the top of the 10th inning in Milwaukee. That is what you should let go of. I am sure that cordero is having bull pen sessions to keep in shape.

We spent a lot of money on a closer, some say its good, some say its bad. I feel like you are saying we need to run him out there more, because he costs us more money. Is that correct?

Cordero not pitching last night and Coffey pitching last night are two completely seperate issues. If you don't want coffey on the team, I have no problem with that. However thinking that if Coffey was off the team and someone else had his spot, that Cordero would have pitched last night - that is foolish.

Senor Votto

If the Reds were in more closing situations then you wouldn't have to worry about Coco's playing time. No sense of wasting him if the Reds are getting beat like last night. Unless the game is tied, they're down by a run (if you absolutely need him), or there's a save situation. Then you reall shouldn't use Coco.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Dusty is not the only problem but he is a problem. I went into the season excited about him. 8 games in and I see why so many people were horrified when we hired him.
    Yah, he really screwed it up when the Reds had the bases loaded last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Yah, he really screwed it up when the Reds had the bases loaded last night.
    are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you are. The cubs made two great plays to get out of the inning (a diving second basemen flipping the ball with his glove, and a great stop by Derek Lee to turn two).

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you are. The cubs made two great plays to get out of the inning (a diving second basemen flipping the ball with his glove, and a great stop by Derek Lee to turn two).
    That catch by the 2nd baseman cost the Reds 1 run and an out. I really don't see how that was Dusty's fault

Ok so what I don't understand, tonite's game against the Cubs? Baker brings Cordero in for absolutly NO Reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a 11-3 Game? He walks 3 straight Batters?

Why even use CoCo tonight?

Turn Off Ads?