Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belisle for Teagarden makes more sense than ever

Belisle for Teagarden makes more sense than ever

This trade makes sense now more than ever, with the Rangers committed to Laird and Salty, and the emergence of Cueto and Volquez for the Reds.

The Rangers have said that they are not going to trade Laird. Yet they paid a hefty price for Jarrod Saltalamacchia just a few months ago, who is now drudging away in Triple A. Teagarden is blocked in the worst kind of way.

While I would like to hang onto Belisle, especially until Bailey or Maloney is ready to take over the fifth spot in the rotation, the Rangers are desperate for pitching, and now. The Reds meanwhile need a long term answer at catcher. I like what Bako has done so far, but realistically we still don't have a long-term answer at the position.

The Reds and Rangers already hooked up once this year on what looks to be a complete win-win for both sides, why not make it twice?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Belisle for Teagarden makes more sense than ever

Bailey and Hatteberg for Kemp.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I doubt Texas sees it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    And let Dunn go? No thanks.
    Go BLUE!!!

Teagarden as a target kind of makes sense. Let's remember that this is a 24 year old with only 29 games above A ball. He also has a history of elbow problems. While he might be blocked in any case, that doesn't make him major league ready.

In any case, I seriously doubt Texas takes Belisle for him straight up. You offer Belisle and they counter with Bailey. Coutlangus would have been nice trade bait in addition to Belisle, as I imagine McBeth might be now.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    And let Dunn go? No thanks.
    Try Kemp at 1st.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'd rather have a go at Clement than Teagarden.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Teagarden as a target kind of makes sense. Let's remember that this is a 24 year old with only 29 games above A ball. He also has a history of elbow problems. While he might be blocked in any case, that doesn't make him major league ready.

In any case, I seriously doubt Texas takes Belisle for him straight up. You offer Belisle and they counter with Bailey. Coutlangus would have been nice trade bait in addition to Belisle, as I imagine McBeth might be now.
    I would do Belisle and McBeth, Coffey, Lincoln, Fisher, Watson, or any other right-handed reliever in the system not named Roenicke. Obviously Burton and Cordero would be off-limits as well, but anyone else- fair game.
    Go BLUE!!!

Try Kemp at 1st.
    and Votto?
    Go BLUE!!!

I would love to have Matt Kemp. With Andre Ethier, Andruw Jones, and Juan Pierre starting over Kemp, he might just be available. I'd hate to lose Homer but Matt Kemp is the type of player I'd deal Bailey for. He would fill the need of a big RH power bat.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would love to have Matt Kemp. With Andre Ethier, Andruw Jones, and Juan Pierre starting over Kemp, he might just be available. I'd hate to lose Homer but Matt Kemp is the type of player I'd deal Bailey for. He would fill the need of a big RH power bat.
    I just don't understand where he would play, unless you're talking about getting rid of Dunn or Votto. The Reds brass, for better or worse, sees Bruce as a future RF, not a CF (just like they like BP at 2B instead of SS.) That would leave LF or 1B for Kemp, and that just doesn't jive with me. Unless you move Votto for a pitching equivalent (like a Bailey), I just don't understand where Kemp fits.

As far as moving Dunn, I'm against it. I don't think Kemp has proven enough yet to justify getting rid of a proven talent like Dunn.
    Go BLUE!!!

I don't think LA would trade Kemp. Jones is on a short term deal and it's obvious they don't think much of Pierre.

If the Reds got him you put him in CF.

I'd rather have a go at Clement than Teagarden.
    Reputation wise, Teagarden is the much better defender. That's the direction I'd lean -- good defense, solid offense.

I'd put Kemp in CF and live with it for that bat.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Reputation wise, Teagarden is the much better defender. That's the direction I'd lean -- good defense, solid offense.
    with the offense and the elbow still a bit of a question combined with the fact that he isn't ready yet ... I'd go with Clement. The Reds need catching help right now, not a year or two from now.

Turn Off Ads?