Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cincinnati Reds: Looking back at past drafts (1998-2003)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Reds: Looking back at past drafts (1998-2003)

Yep. Good catch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Please list them and I'll correct it.

What I show missed so far:

1998: John Koronka (12-350) traded to CHIW for Phil Norton.

1999: Lutz (4-128) traded to LAD for Jaun Castro.
    I'm sorry if I came off as brash. Those were a couple I noticed right off the bat and just figured you were leaving out some of the less important trades. You can also add:

Mike Neu (the Reds received money as a result of him being a rule five selection)
    Kyle Edens (for Esteban Yan and cash)
    Jon George (for Gabriel Suarez)
    Brad Correll (with Todd Jones for Josh Hancock and Andy Machado)
    Zac Stott (for Ryan Franklin and cash)

Still, you did a great job. Thank you for the analysis. I think people don't realize how bad of shape JimBo left the Reds in. We're talking about a period of years of drafting with almost nothing to show for it.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm sorry if I came off as brash. Those were a couple I noticed right off the bat and just figured you were leaving out some of the less important trades. You can also add:

Mike Neu (the Reds received money as a result of him being a rule five selection)
    Kyle Edens (for Esteban Yan and cash)
    Jon George (for Gabriel Suarez)
    Brad Correll (with Todd Jones for Josh Hancock and Andy Machado)
    Zac Stott (for Ryan Franklin and cash)

Still, you did a great job. Thank you for the analysis. I think people don't realize how bad of shape JimBo left the Reds in. We're talking about a period of years of drafting with almost nothing to show for it.
    Thanks. I appreciate you providing that list. I'll update and re-post it later.

That's a pretty good memory you got there. If you don't mind me asking, is there a site that has this information or do you just remember all of these deals?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate you providing that list. I'll update and re-post it later.

That's a pretty good memory you got there. If you don't mind me asking, is there a site that has this information or do you just remember all of these deals?

Thanks again.
    All of that was by memory except I couldn't remember if it was Brad Correll or Brad Key (who was also a non-prospect minor leaguer traded to the Phillies) who was traded for Hancock and Machado.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Key was traded to the Phillies along with Javon Moran for Jeff Conine. He was then released and playing indy ball in the now-suspended South Coast League by mid-year 2007.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...dley-Key.shtml

Turn Off Ads?