Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where do Russians learn to drive?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Where do Russians learn to drive?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24320276782507

Some crazy drivers here. Watch the bus.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where do Russians learn to drive?

The Stolichinaya driving school.

I spent two weeks in St. Petersburg and Moscow and the driving is beyond bad. There is nothing like being weary from jet lag and getting in to a car that was the equivalant of riding on "Mr. Toads Wild Ride."

Also if you are a pedestrian in Russia you have no right away. I can't begin to tell you the pedestrians we almost hit in our car and the pedestrians we almost saw hit by other cars. It is truly a different world over there.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I'm told being sober helps you drive better.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I'm told being sober helps you drive better.
    Actually it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system at all while driving in Russia. One of our guides was a young Russian woman in her early 20's. She got caught with a DUI in Russia and was supposed to lose her license for a certain amount of time. Her mother however met with the chief of police and gave him a large sum of money and he gave back her daughters license. Bribery is big in Russia!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Sears & Robuckski?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Actually it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system at all while driving in Russia. One of our guides was a young Russian woman in her early 20's. She got caught with a DUI in Russia and was supposed to lose her license for a certain amount of time. Her mother however met with the chief of police and gave him a large sum of money and he gave back her daughters license. Bribery is big in Russia!!
    I'm not surprised that they have drunk driving laws on the books, but I also understand that the rates of alcoholism and alcohol intake in that country are staggeringly high.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?