Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Moeller praises Homer

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Chad Moeller praises Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Gas prices aren't that bad at all. They are only 30-40% of what they could be.
    They are bad when your car gets 20 MPG and you don't make much money.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Have not been to Indy before for a baseball game. Hopefully I make it sometime this year.
    Victory Field is fantastic. I live right down the street. I think it's $13 for box seats, $8 or $9 for lawn seats. You can often scalp box seats for below value ($10).

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    Victory Field is fantastic. I live right down the street. I think it's $13 for box seats, $8 or $9 for lawn seats. You can often scalp box seats for below value ($10).
    Yup. . my friend lives at the Canal St. apartments and I often visit him as I live waaaaaaaaaaay up on the northside.

The park is amazing and it's definitely one of the best minor league parks in the league.

Also, how does the Postponement of Louisville's game affect Homer's starting day for the Indy series?

Even with the current gas prices (from Cincinnati)?
    I have no idea. What does gas cost in the States nowadays? If it's less than $4/gallon, and you can share the fare with two other friends, I'd do it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I have no idea. What does gas cost in the States nowadays? If it's less than $4/gallon, and you can share the fare with two other friends, I'd do it.
    Yeah, its about 3.30 or so, but the problem is finding three friends who want to drive that long to go watch minor league baseball.

Yeah, its about 3.30 or so, but the problem is finding three friends who want to drive that long to go watch minor league baseball.
    Really? I never have trouble finding friends. They're called Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and Rosie Palmer (who also has some friends of her own).

But seriously, I know what you're going through. I'll just say that if the opportunity ever comes up, you should take advantage of it. The best times of my life have been during minor league baseball tours, and I particularly enjoyed Toledo's ballpark.

Really? I never have trouble finding friends. They're called Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and Rosie Palmer (who also has some friends of her own).

But seriously, I know what you're going through. I'll just say that if the opportunity ever comes up, you should take advantage of it. The best times of my life have been during minor league baseball tours, and I particularly enjoyed Toledo's ballpark.
    Where all have you gone ? I used to live in the Cincy area but didn't get out to visit the minor league stadiums that much.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    Where all have you gone ? I used to live in the Cincy area but didn't get out to visit the minor league stadiums that much.
    I've been to all the International League cities, all the Midwest League cities except Wisconsin, all the Southern League North Division cities, Montgomery, Akron, Asheville, Lexington, Erie, Myrtle Beach, Winston-Salem, Lynchburg, Reading, Great Falls, Greensboro, West Virginia, Mobile, and Birmingham. I didn't get to see a lot of the Virginia-area teams play games, though, because of weather. I used to go on a tour every summer, and I'd still do it if I could. If I ever return to the States for an extended period of time, I'll definitely do it again. I've always wanted to check out all the Rookie League teams. Words can't describe how much fun I've had.

and now moeller is called up...

I've been to all the International League cities, all the Midwest League cities except Wisconsin, all the Southern League North Division cities, Montgomery, Akron, Asheville, Lexington, Erie, Myrtle Beach, Winston-Salem, Lynchburg, Reading, Great Falls, Greensboro, West Virginia, Mobile, and Birmingham. I didn't get to see a lot of the Virginia-area teams play games, though, because of weather. I used to go on a tour every summer, and I'd still do it if I could. If I ever return to the States for an extended period of time, I'll definitely do it again. I've always wanted to check out all the Rookie League teams. Words can't describe how much fun I've had.
    where are you now ?

Is there an echo in Louisville? What David Ross had to say about Bailey after tonight's game (via C. Trent):

"By far, that’s the best I’ve seen him throw. It was a joy for me to catch him tonight. He’s a totally different pitcher. We talked for a long time about pitching with a purpose, and things he’s done."

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Is there an echo in Louisville? What David Ross had to say about Bailey after tonight's game (via C. Trent):
    Maybe Ross thinks it will get him off the DL faster....seemed to get a quick promotion for Moeller haha

and now moeller is called up...
    Yep, the Yankees are in a bit of a pickle right now. Posada's shoulder is still bothering him, so he's been DHing, and their Molina pulled a hammy. If they hit for Moeller, and Posada has to catch, they lose the DH and everyone who gets on base gets free extra bases.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

where are you now ?
    I'm in Germany, near a city called Reutlingen (about an hour's drive south of Stuttgart).

I'm in Germany, near a city called Reutlingen (about an hour's drive south of Stuttgart).
    Oh my...why are you there ? In the service ?

Turn Off Ads?