Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ESPN Power Rankings

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

ESPN Power Rankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking

ESPN has moved the Reds up to the 10th position. Interesting that they have the Diamondbacks at #1 and the Brewers at #4 and the Reds have given those teams 4 of their combined 5 losses.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Power Rankings

I think that's the reason that there's so much optimism among Reds fans. Sure, we are 6-4, but look at the competition that we've faced so far....not cupcakes by any means.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/...sortColumn=rpi

Which brings to mind this ranking. ESPN lists the teams in an RPI type ranking system. Look at the top three and see if there might be any connection.

I just want to go on the record as saying that, in the past, ESPN always give the Reds the shaft. Whenever I watch Sportscenter or ESPNEWS, the Reds either never get mentioned or if they do it is for a loss or if Griffey gets a HR. This year has been a little different. I do want to say that Peter Gammons always give the Reds their due, but not ESPN as a company. Did you notice that when the Reds signed Cordero this year that it did not show up on SportsCenter, ESPNEWS highlights, or even as a cover story on espn.com. Anybody else notice this?

The Reds have not been on the West Coast late Sportscenter the last two nights, the one that they play over and over the next morning. I know they have been focusing on the Masters the last few nights and IMO rightfully so. But come on, you have to find room for those highlights.

Sadly, some of this has to do with recent history too. The number of people who care about the Reds nationally, isn't that great. A few good seasons will turn that around though.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Sadly, some of this has to do with recent history too. The number of people who care about the Reds nationally, isn't that great. A few good seasons will turn that around though.
    Ya know, I wonder though. Look at this link and go down to the lower right and look at the ranking of the members who are Reds fans.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb

The Reds are ranked #7. This isnt exactly like a poll where everyone goes and votes so their team "wins" a poll, this is just a representation of people who have signed up on CBS Sportsline and stated who their fave team is. The kids who grew up with the Big Red Machine as their boyhood (and girlhood) team are now 40 somethings and are plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Ya know, I wonder though. Look at this link and go down to the lower right and look at the ranking of the members who are Reds fans.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb

The Reds are ranked #7. This isnt exactly like a poll where everyone goes and votes so their team "wins" a poll, this is just a representation of people who have signed up on CBS Sportsline and stated who their fave team is. The kids who grew up with the Big Red Machine as their boyhood (and girlhood) team are now 40 somethings and are plentiful.
    I really think Jr has alot to do with that.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER View Post
    I think that's the reason that there's so much optimism among Reds fans. Sure, we are 6-4, but look at the competition that we've faced so far....not cupcakes by any means.
    Exactly and I ws glad to see we were ahead of STL which is still too high for them.
    They were 7-3 vs
    Colorado,Washington,Houston and SF.
    In other words, STL opp were ranked 24-27-28-30
    where as we played Arizona-Mil-Phil.
    Yes I know baseball rankings mean less than nothing but they are still fun as long as reds are winning !

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

John Donovan gives the Reds some love too. I wont spoil the ranking for you, go see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

John Donovan gives the Reds some love too. I wont spoil the ranking for you, go see for yourself.
    Dang...4 out the top 6 from the "supposedly" weak NL central.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I think AZ is a bit high but I agree with having our Reds at #10 right now...seems very fair..
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I think AZ is a bit high but I agree with having our Reds at #10 right now...seems very fair..
    I wasnt impressed with their offense(Az) at first but now, I definitely see them as that division favorite.

Turn Off Ads?