Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Friday April 11th minor league updates

Re: Friday April 11th minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    TJ25, Luis Montano was the Dragons starter last night. What impressed you with him? Always love in person details about a player.
    Hey Doug, sorry about the slow response. Regarding Montano (thanks for clearing that up for me btw), I saw a few things I liked. The radar gun wasn't working so I have no idea how hard he was bringing it, though if I had to guess I'd say around 90-92. His breaking stuff looked pretty darn good, and he seemed to have good command of it, especially as the game went on. He also seemed to possess great poise, the Dragons defense was like a circus act the first couple of innings and Montano just continued to go about his business, he looked very confident. I don't know if he'll ever amount to anything, but he was very good on this night. Keeping hitters off balance and nipping the corners, only allowing one unearned run in 6(?) innings.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Bray doing well in recovery it looks like. If you're gonig to send him up though, who do you send down in his place - Todd Coffey maybe? Most of the bullpen has been pretty darn solid.
    It doesn't much matter, as I think Bray is the second best reliever on the Reds behind Cordero. Any one of Coffey, Lincoln, Mercker should be in Louisville to make room for Bray (and not because I have a problem with what any of those guys have done). I have a feeling though that we will have to wait until somebody in the pen starts to implode, and then Bray will get his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    For all the hype on Stubbs, the guy simply isn't impressive. He can't hit to opposite field and his bat speed is slow. Maybe we can merge Francisco and Stubbs to create the super-player: Stubcisco.
    Bat speed and bat control are two different things. You could easily make an argument for Stubbs not having the latter, but what's your argument for Stubbs not having the former?

Turn Off Ads?