Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn looks absolutely lost at the plate right now

got alil captain in u?

Adam Dunn looks absolutely lost at the plate right now

Dunn is absoutely lost at the plate right now. He's late on pitches including tonite the one where he swung after the ball was in the catcher glove. What happened to the Dunn that shortened up his swing and went the other way with the ball. Having him and edwin back to back in the order right now is almost 2 automatic outs.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ORG Infidel

Re: Adam Dunn looks absolutely lost at the plate right now

Dunn doesn't concern me too much. It's the inability to get runners around the bases that is killing us.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

And you don't think Dunn doesn't affect our ability to get runners around?

He's had 30 ab's. 20 of those have been walks or k's. He's not even trying to be aggressive.

Right now we've got two players in our lineup that are simply KILLING us. Edwin and Adam. People have been complaining about Joey too, but the kid is hitting .320 now. I mean look at our averages from our starting lineup tonight.....

Patterson .268 but he's been the most clutch and had the most pop with 4 dingers
    Kepp .340
    Junior .300
    Phillips .320
    Votto .320

Dunn .167
    Edwin .171

Javy's down to .260'ish
    Bako .346

Hopper and Freel are also stinking it up. Hmmm....I wonder who we should sit?

Dunn, Edwin, Javy, Freel & Hopper need some time off....LOTS of time off. If you must play them...only play ONE of them at a time. Dunn followed up by Edwin is a rally killer.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    People have been complaining about Joey too, but the kid is hitting .320 now.
    I hope Votto is in the starting lineup for a while. He has earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    And you don't think Dunn doesn't affect our ability to get runners around?

He's had 30 ab's. 20 of those have been walks or k's. He's not even trying to be aggressive.

Right now we've got two players in our lineup that are simply KILLING us. Edwin and Adam. People have been complaining about Joey too, but the kid is hitting .320 now. I mean look at our averages from our starting lineup tonight.....

Patterson .268 but he's been the most clutch and had the most pop with 4 dingers
    Kepp .340
    Junior .300
    Phillips .320
    Votto .320

Dunn .167
    Edwin .171

Javy's down to .260'ish
    Bako .346

Hopper and Freel are also stinking it up. Hmmm....I wonder who we should sit?

Dunn, Edwin, Javy, Freel & Hopper need some time off....LOTS of time off. If you must play them...only play ONE of them at a time. Dunn followed up by Edwin is a rally killer.
    Switch EE and BP.

EE is a patient hitter and is probably feeling a lot of pressure on him. He'll get better pitches with Dunn behind him and he'll still get on base.
    BP will now be in the spot where all these situations are happening, and he's a slugger. BP also has some speed and can get into scoring position for those singles hitters at the bottom of the order

Hopper and Freel havent played everyday. So I wouldnt expect their averages to be "through the roof"
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Dunn is killing us right now. We are wasting good pitching. The pitching wont last and then we'll be well below 500. This is a sad state of affairs. Show up Opening day ready to play!!!! If your not going to produce sit on the bench or start in AAA.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

It seems like plenty of other teams are showing up ready to play. This is why the good teams are in great shape May 1st And the Reds seem to be reeling.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Dunn has looked just as lost off and on for his entire career. Every time I get ready to flame the guy he goes on a tear and hits 5 HRs in 10 games.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I know Dunn will eventually start to hit again to the tune of his career norm of .254 or whatever it is but I've watched his act for way too long and I've seen enough. I do not want to sign him to a LTC. He strikes out too much, he's way too inconsistent and he's not a good defensive player.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I know I am going to get killed for promoting this, but I think the Reds should trade Dunn in June when they can, or trade him now if he will waive his no trade clause.

First, it would be a huge mistake to sign him to a LTC. He would get around $15M+ over at least 4 years, and he simply is not worth it. For the Reds to pay someone that amount they have to be the most feared hitter in the lineup. The one hitter that pitchers never pitch to unless they have to.
    Dunn is not that type of a hitter. Pitchers know that they can get him out if they pitch him right. Dunn is a great mistake hitter, but the guys who get $15M+ a year, are the ones that can hit any pitch, especially pitchers pitches. Think of the fear that Pujols, Ortiz, A-Rod, Howard, etc put in the minds of opposing pitchers. Dunn has no ability to do that. The evidence is that he is a terrible two strike hitter. His OPS with two strikes is .575. The average OPS for middle of the lineup hitters in the majors is .659. Pitcher know that once he gets two strikes on him, which is often since he is so patient, that they can get him out. And don’t even get me started on Dunn in crucial situations.

That’s why the Reds should trade him, and bring up Bruce. They should be able to get some good prospects for him. Look at what Texas got for Teixeira.
    I know that next year, Griffey will probably be on another team or retired, but that would give the Reds plenty of money to go out replace both of them. With Stubbs, Dorn and now Szymanski coming up, the Reds only need to find one or two year replacements. Heck, if Dusty promises to never bat him leadoff ever again, I would say sign Patterson long term instead of Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Dunn doesn't concern me too much. It's the inability to get runners around the bases that is killing us.
    I couldn't agree more. We scored three runs on fourteen hits last night. That could say a lot of things: we lack speed, we lack clutch hitting, we lack power, the lineup is poor. I haven't been able to watch a game yet this year, but from what I understand, the problem is mostly the clutch problem.

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. We scored three runs on fourteen hits last night. That could say a lot of things: we lack speed, we lack clutch hitting, we lack power, the lineup is poor. I haven't been able to watch a game yet this year, but from what I understand, the problem is mostly the clutch problem.
    If not hitting in the clutch concerns you, then Dunn concerns you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I know Dunn will eventually start to hit again to the tune of his career norm of .254 or whatever it is but I've watched his act for way too long and I've seen enough. I do not want to sign him to a LTC. He strikes out too much, he's way too inconsistent and he's not a good defensive player.
    I agree 100%. I was once the biggest Adam Dunn fan on the planet, but I've grown tired of his act. I find myself wincing when he comes to the plate in crucial situations because the man simply does not have the bat command that a good hitter has. You can almost smell his confusion.

Think of all the great young hitters out there (Ryan Braun, e,g,) and look at how they attack the ball with brutal confidence. Dunn's up there guessing and hoping.

The Reds can do so much more with that $13M a year. Come August it'll be Jay Bruce in left field and Adam Dunn playing DH in the American League.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I agree 100%. I was once the biggest Adam Dunn fan on the planet, but I've grown tired of his act. I find myself wincing when he comes to the plate in crucial situations because the man simply does not have the bat command that a good hitter has. You can almost smell his confusion.

Think of all the great young hitters out there (Ryan Braun, e,g,) and look at how they attack the ball with brutal confidence. Dunn's up there guessing and hoping.

The Reds can do so much more with that $13M a year. Come August it'll be Jay Bruce in left field and Adam Dunn playing DH in the American League.
    I'd hope it's Jr. in left with Bruce in right.

Turn Off Ads?