Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds to wear Camo jerseys on July 5th?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Reds to wear Camo jerseys on July 5th?

Not sure what to make of this rumor

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2008/04/...e-small-world/
    Joseph Chiaccio of Jersey-Joe.com has put together a page showing (okay, selling) many of the special MLB alts and throwbacks that will be worn later this season. The list includes many designs we havenít seen before, including a Reds camouflage (to be worn on July 5th) and a Senators throwback that the Rangers will wear on May 4th. Check out the complete listing here.
    http://www.jersey-joe.com/A6540L6EREDCAM03.html

Compound this by looking at the Reds promo schedule for 2008..and what do we see

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=11

Sat., Jul. 5 Nationals Ken Griffey Jr. Camo Mesh Jersey Night (Adults) First 20,000 fans

Sun., Jul. 6 Nationals Ken Griffey Jr. Camo Mesh Jersey Day (Kids) First 10,000 kids
    14 and younger
    Could it be true? Has anyone else heard anything on this so far? My oh my I hope it's a false rumor - camo unis are just god awful.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Basement-Dwelling Blogger JinAZ's Avatar

Re: Reds to wear Camo jerseys on July 5th?

That won't make for a very exciting game...we won't be able to see the players!

-j

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

It makes sense for the Padres to wear the camo, given their close proximity to military bases, and I could understand the same for the Nationals, and while I think it could be a nice charity money generating gesture from the Reds, IMO the Reds wearing camo just seems a little goofy to me.

How will we be able to see the players on the field?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Haunted by walks

Lots of stolen bases, but lots of throws to the wrong base. Umpires will have an even harder time with the strike zone.

I think I understand the sentiment behind it, and I like that the Reds are doing new things under the Castellini ownership group.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I like them. In fact, I think I may go to the July 5th game so I can get a Griffey one.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I like them. In fact, I think I may go to the July 5th game so I can get a Griffey one.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

When the local minor league hockey team does its annual camouflage jersey promotion, the team auctions off the game-worn jerseys and donates the proceeds to an organization that helps wounded veterans. I wonder if the Reds are planning something like that in conjunction with their promotion?
    /r/reds

I wouldn't wear camouflage if they paid me.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Who's "Player"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Who's "Player"
    Can't you tell by the digits? That J.B. man, he a player yo!

I can't say I'm a fan of the camo, especially outdated camo, which looks more like something someone would wear while driving a truck covered in stickers with Calvin peeing on things, rather than U.S. issue digital camo (which actually looks pretty cool). I think jersey tributes tend to be poorly done anyway. I'd rather see the Reds do something with a tasteful patch.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I'm loving the camo (but I really like it anyway). I'm hoping they'll do some kind of tribute to Matt Maupin's parents that day.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I think Mr. Redlegs (on the shoulder patch) should also be wearing fatigues for the occasion.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?