Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What moves are you making tomorrow?

What moves are you making tomorrow?

Encarnacion?
    Freel?
    Coffey?
    Lineup changes?

Stand pat?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: What moves are you making tomorrow?

I could see maybe A move tomorrow (Edwin maybe?)...but most likely, I don't see anything happening until they come home at the earliest.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

checking into the hotel in Chicago. Thats about it
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Man Pills

Looking up from second to last place in the NL Central.

I can think of two, but I doubt either will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Buy more cowbell.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

I'd sit Encarnacion or Adam Dunn in favor of Ryan Freel, or sit both in favor of Freel and Hopper. If Gonzalez can return soon, I'd move Keppinger to 3B on a regular basis; if not, I would be working the phones if I were Wayne Krivsky trying to deal for a third baseman.

I wouldn't make any changes...not yet at least.

Just my regular moves. I try to keep to schedule.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

The Reds are 13 games into the season and 1 game under .500. Don't you think it's a bit early to press the panic button?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser View Post
    ...or sit both in favor of Freel and Hopper....
    That would be one very ugly team.

*Hopper needs to go. Too one dimensional.
    *Freel? a 4th OF, back-up IF on my team. As he is on this one.
    *Castro needs to go. Need I say anything else?
    *Coffey needs to find himself at a place that doesn't involve Reds losses, until he can find a way to get a 2nd pitch over the plate for strikes.
    *Encarnacion? What to do with Edwin? He is literally a major league head case. All the talent in the world, but cannot play (offense OR defense) unless it's above 80 degrees. Yes, I do think it is temperature related. That is a sign of maturity. This team needs him to mature, and quickly, because there is no other RH bat.
    *The defense and fundamentals of this team are still below average. That may be a function of personnel, or it may be ingrained into the culture??
    *We need a RH catcher to compliment Paul Bako (did I really say that?).
    *Valentin needs to be released, unless the Reds trade Hatteburg.
    *Votto needs to play everyday at 1B.

AND, this will be controversial, but this Reds team needs to decide between Griffey and Dunn, IMHO. They can afford to have one on the field, but not both. They have literally morphed into the same player. This team needs speed and defense in the outfield. I know there are Junior lovers and Junior haters here on this site, but the truth lies somewhere in-between (and I am neither- i recognize Junior's greatness in the past, and his mediocrity now.) I do not blame Junior, in any way, for this teams start, but no team in serious contention for a title will have Griffey, Jr batting 3rd every single day. I fear that the truth of the matter is, at this point, both Junior and Dunner are American league players, who need to be able to DH or play 1B at least half the time.

This is the first time, in a very long time, that pitching is not the immediate problem. Every team struggle with middle and long relief.

I love the Redlegs. I hate losing three in a row to the stinkin Pirates.
    Last edited by Always Red; 04-13-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    The Reds are 13 games into the season and 1 game under .500. Don't you think it's a bit early to press the panic button?
    Who's panicking?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Who's panicking?
    A lot of people on RZ

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    A lot of people on RZ
    Does it make everyone feel better to point out what boarders are doing versus what the Reds are or are not doing?

I don't see "panicking" myself; I see a bad team. I don't think there's anything at all besides trades that could improve the team. But I think others are probably making recommendations that they genuinely think will work. Bully for them; I'm interested in reading them, even if I don't agree with all of them.

What I don't give a hoot about is "mood policing" myself. But that's just me.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Who's panicking?
    Maybe I misread the intention of the thread; I thought the idea was that there needed to be some kind of major shake-up to the roster and/or the lineup.

FWIW, I think EdE will be fine if we just let him play his position day in and day out, hit in the same lineup spot on a regular basis, and relax without looking over his shoulder. At the very least, we should give him a full season to prove he really is a headcase as accused. To my mind, at only 24, he is still the most promising RH bat we have had on our team in quite awhile.

If there's any change I'd propose, it would just be to give Votto more AB's. That's it. We just don't know what we've got yet here, folks. It's too early.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?