Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds at Giants - Apr 25

Reds at Giants - Apr 25

My girlfriend and I are headed to San Fran Apr 24-27 for a vacation, which just so happens to coincide with the Reds visit (pure coincidence!). I got us tickets for the Friday night game. Any RZ regulars live in SF? Recommendations for food at the park? Anybody else attending and want to meet up at some point?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds at Giants - Apr 25

I hear you gotta try the garlic fries...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    My girlfriend and I are headed to San Fran Apr 24-27 for a vacation, which just so happens to coincide with the Reds visit (pure coincidence!). I got us tickets for the Friday night game. Any RZ regulars live in SF? Recommendations for food at the park? Anybody else attending and want to meet up at some point?
    I live in SF and might be at that game. One thing I highly recommend is that you bundle up. I swore off April baseball a few years ago after one particularly frigid night.

I usually don't buy a lot of food at the ballpark, but the garlic fries, as baseclogger mentioned, are the specialty.

The garlic fries are good. They also have a nice beer selection.

Rojo is right to tell you to bundle up. Seriously. Long johns aren't a bad idea for early season night games. I was there last week and it was COLD.

Tickets were also very plentiful outside the stadium. I got 18th row tickets on the 1st base side for $30 a piece.

I might head down. Really depends on the weather outlook. If you're staying at Union Square it's about a 1 mile walk straight down 3rd to get to the park.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I live in SF and might be at that game. One thing I highly recommend is that you bundle up. I swore off April baseball a few years ago after one particularly frigid night.
    Candlecom did it to me....

I was going to fly down for those games, but I'm going to Europe instead.

Speaking of cold April baseball, I was at the game last night at Wrigley (and will be again tonight.) I guess it's worth risking frostbite to see the Reds on the road, just not when they play like they did last night...
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Speaking of cold April baseball, I was at the game last night at Wrigley (and will be again tonight.) I guess it's worth risking frostbite to see the Reds on the road, just not when they play like they did last night...
    Was thinking of heading out to Wrigley tonight, but decided against it after seeing the pitching matchup. With the way the wind is blowing today, it could get really ugly. I'm expecting double digits from at least one team, maybe both. At least the temperature is an amazing 70 degrees.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?