Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 NFL schedule released

Re: 2008 NFL schedule released

I would guess 8-8 for their record next year. The absolute most wins I could see out of that schedule woule be 9 and it could be a very ugly season if the defense does not improve.

2. Turn Off Ads?

16-0

I do not see us beating Cleveland and Baltimore twice, and being swept by the Steelers is a possibility.

Baltimore has struck me as an every other year team. One year they look like Super Bowl contenders, the next they fall flat on their face. Depending on the QB, I could see them making a move.

With our defense and the brutality of this schedule a top 5 pick in next years draft and a new head coach could be a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Chiefs vs. Bengals for the third year in a row. That means I'll get to watch at least one Bengals game.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

At first glance, the Cowboys scheduled looked pretty tough to me. 07 winning % of .523, so it's actually about the middle of the pack.

The Patriots' schedule is the "easiest" with an 07 win% of .387 like they really needed any help. The Steelers have the toughest with an 07 win% of .598

The Bengals' is 7th toughest at .547

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

So long, Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Chiefs vs. Bengals for the third year in a row. That means I'll get to watch at least one Bengals game.
    I thought it was longer than that. Oh well, first time the Chiefs will be playing at Paul Brown in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    At first glance, the Cowboys scheduled looked pretty tough to me. 07 winning % of .523, so it's actually about the middle of the pack.

The Patriots' schedule is the "easiest" with an 07 win% of .387 like they really needed any help. The Steelers have the toughest with an 07 win% of .598

The Bengals' is 7th toughest at .547
    Bengals whole division has tough schedules this year. Steelers is the toughest, Ravens is 5th toughest and the Bengals and Browns are both 7th toughest.

Just pray we have a great draft.

I think you guys are being way too generous/optimistic with this team. Every game on that schedule is losable (is that a word?). Every one. I see them finishing somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10 in Marvin Lewis' final season in Cincinnati.

Oh, and the 14 1:00pm games is an indication of what the league expects out of this team, as well.

The 1990s are definitely back. Did they ever really go away?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I thought it was longer than that. Oh well, first time the Chiefs will be playing at Paul Brown in a while.
    you are right, this is 4th year we play the Kansas City PC's. the last three for sure in KC.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I think you guys are being way too generous/optimistic with this team. Every game on that schedule is losable (is that a word?). Every one. I see them finishing somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10 in Marvin Lewis' final season in Cincinnati.

Oh, and the 14 1:00pm games is an indication of what the league expects out of this team, as well.

Sadly, I agree.

They will need one heck of a draft and another solid signing or two to change my opinion. And they've proven time and time again that they're pretty much incapable of doing either. It's going to be a rough season. This team is a mess.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

Just remember that the rule "Past results do not guarantee future performance" applies in football as well as investing. I can see the Bengals going anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6. There are a number of teams on the schedule that had good seasons in '07, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll have good seasons in '08. I also expect at least two of the teams people would normally expect to be "wins" for the Bengals to be improved to where the Bengals could easily lose those games.

I would say the best indicator of how the Bengals' season will go will be to see how the defense performs in the first five games. The first three games aren't exactly against offensive powerhouses, so it should give the Bengals' D the opportunity to get its act together early. But then they'll really have to step up against the Cowboys and Browns offenses, both of which I would expect to be quite good. If the Bengals can't stop anyone in the first five games, it's going to put them in a huge hole to start the season, just like the good ole' '90s.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Just pray we have a great draft.
    Chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim left town...

Snowball's chance in Hell....

You get the picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim left town...

Snowball's chance in Hell....

You get the picture...
    I have full confidence they'll pick talented players. The question is, will they be able to stay on the field?

Turn Off Ads?