Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for high blood pressure

Re: Suggestions for high blood pressure

Before you know that you have a problem you'll need several readings. It could have just been a bad day. I am a medical person and I'm not alarmed at your readings. I think a change of lifestyle can bring you back down into the normal range.

As for the cholesterol, my suggestion is to give blood. Here in Cincinnati Hoxworth is the blood donation center and they not only check your BP, they also give you a free cholesterol score. I give blood regularly and one of the reasons is they check your vitals and if there is a serious problem with your blood they'll tell you so you don't donate anymore. This includes leukemia, hepatitis and AIDS. So I have a record of my BP, pulse, cholesterol and other readings.

The top number is easier to move than the lower. If you can bring it down to 120/80 you're golden and I'm betting you can without medication. So cheer up, it's not so bad. You'll be fine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Update on the high blood pressure... for a while after it was initially found to be high, it stayed high. But I continued to work hard to bring it down. Ate right, dropped 20 lbs and returned to my normal weight, and became much more active. The last several readings have been pretty good. This morning it was 126/70. Yesterday it was 140/80, not great, but world's better than what it was. Every now and again the top number will be a little elevated, but the bottom number is completely under control, hasn't gone over 80. Good to know that hard work pays off

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I use a salt that is 50% Sodium Chloride and 50% Potassium Chloride. Your body uses potassium to process the sodium out of your body, so it virtually gets rid of itself. I was diagnosed with white coat hypertension and had to wear a monitor for a while, but my normal BP is 110/65 which is pretty good. I've had some pretty freaky readings at the doctor's office 160/130, 150/90...usually it's in the 140/95 range. I told my doctor it seemed obvious to me...I hate doctors. I always tell them my blood pressure is directly related to the amount of time I'm left in the waiting room beyond my 'appointment' time. When I was first diagnosed, I lost 20 pounds and switched to this salt and I never saw any reason to switch back.

Good luck!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Stay away from watching sports.

Genuinely like people and don't complain about anything.

Turn Off Ads?