Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiger Woods has knee surgery

Re: Tiger Woods has knee surgery

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    That sucks.

Oh well, I'll put my money on Philly dog.

2nd choice: Cink.
    The boy from Kentucky Kenny Perry always plays good at the Memorial, and he's hot right now...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gee, I wonder if they will get any rain during the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    The boy from Kentucky Kenny Perry always plays good at the Memorial, and he's hot right now...
    You are right. That's a good pick. I forgot about him.

Thanks.

I like watching Tiger as much as anyone else does, but I sure do get tired of the way the media acts as though a tournament isn't worth watching unless he plays. Watching a golf tournament for me is less about the characters than about what is going on out on the course. I really don't care who is winning; it's just fun to watch guys who can really play the game try to deal with the pressure of winning a tournament.

During the Masters I got home from work in time to watch as Snedeker imploded and Immelman battled to keep himself on top of the leaderboard. I think it was the last hole when the camera caught the sight of him exhaling heavily with relief after his drive. And the little audio snip "Be lucky" on a hundred yard pitch that he put within an easy one putt of the hole was pretty cool, too.

Having said that, there is also something special about watching Tiger when he is ahead on the last day of a tournament. I don't think anyone in the game can manage the yardage between the ears like he can. And that may be why I identify with all the other players. They seem more like human beings.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I am bummed Tiger will not be gracing our fine city this year--however the good news (for me at least) is that it looks as though this will be the first time in a few years a free Memorial pass will not hit my palm....so no Tiger, no problem...I ll still watch Sunday on tv..

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

If Els is at the Memorial, I'd watch every shot of his @ Muirfield. He always plays well there.

Call him my pick to win, if he's in it.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Hmm, what do you know....

Kenny Perry's in the clubhouse and currently leading the Memorial (-6).

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

Perry wins the Memorial!!!!!!!!! I hope he make's the Ryder Cup team, he wants it badly. He Plays Valholla(sp?) as well as he does the Memorial course.

Class Act wins Jacks tournament.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Turn Off Ads?