Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a game thread on another forum tonight?

Any interest in a game thread on another forum tonight?

I hope this doesn't break the rules of the forum, but since we can't have game threads on Redszone, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an alternate site at least for tonight. I'm going to be on the site below unless anyone has a better suggestion (I'm open).

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...webtag=ml-reds

Again, not trying to cause trouble, but I was really looking forward to a game thread tonight and it looks like there won't be one here.

Well, I'll be there, even if I am talking to myself.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any interest in a game thread on another forum tonight?

RedsManRick had a good idea I failed to mention. Use the chat feature below.

It's pretty cool.
    Last edited by Heath; 04-16-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

What about lastperson/peanut gallery?

If game threads are brought back, would it be helpful for bandwith issues for the thread to be split in two. Namely after the end of the 5th, the old thread gets jettisoned so that way when the thread is being refreshed by those looking to find out what happens next in the bottom of the 9th are not refreshing such a large thread. Thought I would throw that out there in case it helps.

I don't like chat so much because sometimes I do other things, and I like to go back and read the prior innings. I also like to read them the next day if I miss the game.

As I understand, the problem is that the mods are tired of dealing with behavior issues. That's understandable. I'd rather go to an unmoderated forum than have no game thread at all.

If they let us go to the peanut gallery forum, we can go there.. Is there a link to that place? I've never gone there (or if I have, I forgot). I assume SunDeck people could also come to the peanut gallery too? Correct?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

We had a game thread there a couple weeks back when RZ was down. There's a peanut gallery link on the front page of RZ.

Someone should ask Mr.O about game threads over there, they are big bandwidth hogs you know.
    Go Gators!

everyone should consider themselves spanked.

I'm also thinking that if all the game thread people move to chat, the same issues will happen there, considering that it's the same people. Therefore, I don't think chat is a viable solution...

Nah, in chat people can't go back 3 pages to find a post they don't like then quote it 4 times.

It flows better.
    Go Gators!

Well crap. Just found out about this. Understandable though. Can someone tell me where to find the lineups prior to the game?
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Well crap. Just found out about this. Understandable though. Can someone tell me where to find the lineups prior to the game?
    Either John Fay or Trent usually have the lineup on their blogs.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog

C. Trent and other people do game threads on the lot d forums:

http://www.thelotd.com/forum/viewforum.one?id=211783

Im not sure how good the game threads are, but Im sure its 100x better than anything on the Reds.com forums.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    We had a game thread there a couple weeks back when RZ was down. There's a peanut gallery link on the front page of RZ.
    And that's the purpose of Mr. O's site. RZ is down. The site's down. Not when RZ has made a procedural change.

ochre pays the BW bill without anyone else's financial assistance. We need to respect that.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    And that's the purpose of Mr. O's site. RZ is down. The site's down. Not when RZ has made a procedural change.

ochre pays the BW bill without anyone else's financial assistance. We need to respect that.
    Let it be written, let it be done.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?