Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a game thread on another forum tonight?

Re: Any interest in a game thread on another forum tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Let it be written, let it be done.

Quit stealing my shtick. :thumbdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Would Trent want his game thread to be 70 pages longer?

I orginally suggested the MLB page because King Bud is footing the bill for it.
    But I'll go whereever you guys think is best.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I guess I missed the "nastiness" when I took a breakabout the 6th inning. I've often wonderted why people of differing opinions cannot be civil with one another, but the Reds are stressful, that's for sure. And polarized. The pro Dunn crowd, the Pro-Krivsky crowd, the pro-Junior crowd all get bent out of shape when the opposite of their opinion gets expressed. I know I get really tired of the constant "Griffey is washed up" posts because we've heard it since he came here at age 30 or something.

But, no matter. We'll live without a game thread. I think.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Why not just ban or suspend the folks that are making personal attacks and not punish the others that play nice? I thought that was the rule that if you make personal attacks the violator gets punished not all the other innocent one's. Oh well.....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Why not just ban or suspend the folks that are making personal attacks and not punish the others that play nice? I thought that was the rule that if you make personal attacks the violator gets punished not all the other innocent one's. Oh well.....

I can't believe that the people who ruined the game threads aren't embarrassed and apologizing for ruining something which could be so much fun. We've all been aggravated before but it's beyond bad now and hopefully the few bad apples are ashamed. I've posted probably five times in game threads this year because of the level of mean and disrespectful posters in those threads. I don't know if it's anonymity or what but I'm always shocked at how petty some of the fights are and how often the same posters are involved.

I guess I'm just shocked this happened after Boss and GIK completely changed the site and made some people get voted in. A certain few obviously didn't realize that there was a reason they weren't brought back in the first place and I hope like hell they realize it now. It's just frustrating, IMO.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I can't believe that the people who ruined the game threads aren't embarrassed and apologizing for ruining something which could be so much fun. We've all been aggravated before but it's beyond bad now and hopefully the few bad apples are ashamed. I've posted probably five times in game threads this year because of the level of mean and disrespectful posters in those threads. I don't know if it's anonymity or what but I'm always shocked at how petty some of the fights are and how often the same posters are involved.

I guess I'm just shocked this happened after Boss and GIK completely changed the site and made some people get voted in. A certain few obviously didn't realize that there was a reason they weren't brought back in the first place and I hope like hell they realize it now. It's just frustrating, IMO.
    I apologize for my part. I've always tried to contribute positively to the game threads, but last night I let my frustration with a certain poster get in the way of that. I should have just bit my tongue like I usually do, or taken it private, but what's done is done and, like I said, I regret my part in it. It won't happen again.

BTW, I agree with cumberlandreds. I don't really see why everyone else should be punished for the actions of a few.

Yeah. I'm really getting sick of the super uptight feeling on this board, and I would love if there was somewhere we could just chat about the game without worrying. I guess I'll check out the peanut gallery if anyone else is going there.

In other news my college decided to take away the ALT FSN channel so I only have the cavs here booooooooo

It's a freaking game thread....ugh.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

The game threads have been getting embarrassing to the extreme, and not because of the performance of the Reds. Watching what are supposed to be fellow fans tear at each other and berate each other is rather depressing.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If I did anything, I appologize, but I can't imagine what I could have done...

The ignore function rules. If you don't like a poster, hit it. It works. Just spare folks the personal attacks.

I agree. Stay away from personal attacks. It's good advice.

Please bring Belisle up! PLEASE!

think they did it because they knew Fogg was pitching

I guess it's fair to say that no one started a game thread anywhere, no?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?