Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Yorker: Trapped! Time lapse video of man caught in elevator for 41 hours!!

The New Yorker: Trapped! Time lapse video of man caught in elevator for 41 hours!!

The Video:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/vide...0421_elevators

The Story:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

Amazing video. That dude had to be going out of his mind with thirst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The New Yorker: Trapped! Time lapse video of man caught in elevator for 41 hours!

Can you imagine prying open the doors and seeing a brick wall? I would have seriously freaked out.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Re: The New Yorker: Trapped! Time lapse video of man caught in elevator for 41 hours!

The sign at the end was the kicker.
    I wonder if he got paid overtime?

That's terrible. You have to wonder, didn't anybody see that he was in the elevator by looking at the security cameras?

That is horrible. Hope he got paid alot of money for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    That is horrible. Hope he got paid alot of money for that.
    According to the article he got a low 6 figure settlement in a lawsuit.

Yeah, I read that too. If he's not allowed to comment on how much he gets, why is he allowed to say that? Thought that sounded kinda fishy. Who knows though... With as much money as some have received for ridiculous claims, I would think he would be entitled to 7 or 8 figures.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

For the record, I'll drink my own urine for 41 hours if I get 250K at the end of it....
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Yeah, I read that too. If he's not allowed to comment on how much he gets, why is he allowed to say that? Thought that sounded kinda fishy. Who knows though... With as much money as some have received for ridiculous claims, I would think he would be entitled to 7 or 8 figures.
    Reporters and lawyers have found ways to ask questions and get ballpark figures without requiring the person they are interviewing to actually comment.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

After reading the entire article, this guy had a BAD lawyer. 4 years and not demanding a jury trail is horrible. A good lawyer would have requested a jury trail ASAP, and the defendants could only settle or go to trial.

This guy had a great case, especially with the security cameras on the entire time and NO ONE watching them. BAD LAWYER.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

I find it hard to believe nobody saw, wonder if some bored security guards thought it was funny to watch
    Go Gators!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

This January, I was trapped in a dark elevator for 30 minutes by myself and the fire department had to get me out. It was not pleasant. Can't imagine 41 hours.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    This January, I was trapped in a dark elevator for 30 minutes by myself and the fire department had to get me out. It was not pleasant. Can't imagine 41 hours.
    At least this guy still had lights. WOW, can you imagine 41 hours of total darkness. That would drive lots of folks to the brink of insanity!

I agree, very bad lawyer. I can't imagine being trapped for almost two days.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    For the record, I'll drink my own urine for 41 hours if I get 250K at the end of it....
    Well, it is sterile....

Turn Off Ads?