Thread: NBA Playoff thread

Re: NBA Playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I don't feel like making all predictions BUT

UTAH will win it all.

Upset picks:

Toronto over Orlando
    Denver over LAL
    I've changed my picks since this and made my official bracket yesterday on facebook.

Utah vs Cavs in finals, Utah wins.

First round games (team bolded will win the second round series)
    Celtics
    Cavs

Raptors
    Pistons

Lakers
    Jazz

Suns
    Mavericks

Then:

Jazz over Suns, Cavs over Pistons

Jazz over Cavs.
    Mavericks

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Sixers surprise the Pistons and steal game 1 on the road.

As I said in my first post, I think this series has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Sixers surprise the Pistons and steal game 1 on the road.
    As I said in my first post, I think this series has a lot of potential.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Suns making the Spurs look a little old right now.
    Psssst. Remember us?

We're champs until someone knocks us off.

Duncan for 3 to send it into 2OT? The fact it happened to Shaq's team?

Chris Paul with a nice start to his playoff career, too.

Anyone watching the Cavs game? Haywood ejected after throwing Lebron while he is going up for a layup. Uncle Reg disagreed, but I think it was the right call. Honestly, I believe their strategy is to hit him as hard as possible when he comes in for dunks/layups/etc. and who cares if he is injured.

Previously, Stevenson finally hit a shot and made some sort of gesture. Lebron followed up with a 3 of his own on the very next possession.

Love the heat between the two though, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Previously, Stevenson finally hit a shot and made some sort of gesture. Lebron followed up with a 3 of his own on the very next possession.

Barkley was right when he called the Wizards the dumbest team in the history of humanity. Stevenson has scored all of 8 points so far in the series, but he gives Lebron the "eyeball sandwich" and I think Brendan Haywood might want to re-think his strategy, an inspired Lebron is known to take over games, ask the 2007 Pistons

I rarely make guarantees, but I'll make one here: The Spurs WILL NOT win the NBA Championship. No how, no way. They are, in my estimation, the 4th or 5th best team in the playoffs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Anyone watching the Cavs game? Haywood ejected after throwing Lebron while he is going up for a layup. Uncle Reg disagreed, but I think it was the right call. Honestly, I believe their strategy is to hit him as hard as possible when he comes in for dunks/layups/etc. and who cares if he is injured.

I could go either way on that one, but probably leaning slightly toward a flagrant 1. I really don't think he was trying to hurt Lebron and he really didn't hit him that hard. It was just that Lebron was in the air and I think Lebron sold it a little. Flagrant 1 for sure, and maybe a flagrant 2.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I could go either way on that one, but probably leaning slightly toward a flagrant 1. I really don't think he was trying to hurt Lebron and he really didn't hit him that hard. It was just that Lebron was in the air and I think Lebron sold it a little. Flagrant 1 for sure, and maybe a flagrant 2.
    I think they went Flagrant 2 due to the fact that he made no attempt to block the shot, i.e. not a basketball move and they took into account the previous games actions

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I rarely make guarantees, but I'll make one here: The Spurs WILL NOT win the NBA Championship. No how, no way. They are, in my estimation, the 4th or 5th best team in the playoffs this season.
    I think people said that about them last year.

I don't think that they'll win it, but they're still good enough to win it and I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    I think they went Flagrant 2 due to the fact that he made no attempt to block the shot, i.e. not a basketball move and they took into account the previous games actions
    It still could have been a flagrant 1. I think you are definitely right about taking previous incidents into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think people said that about them last year.

I don't think that they'll win it, but they're still good enough to win it and I wouldn't be shocked if they did.
    Last year the Lakers didn't have Gasol and the Celtics were garbage.

The overall talent on the top-tier teams has surpassed the Spurs by quite a bit, IMO. Much more than any talent disparity they might have faced last season.

LMAO I love seeing the Wiz getting their asses stomped. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of fools.

the wizards are a joke of a team. a team with three all-star players should do a little better than the 5 or 6 seed in a weak East every year and out in the first round.

btw, the Cavs seem to be coming together a little and if Wally can catch fire after tonight, they will be a dangerous team in the East again

Still disagree, thats a flagrant 2. How do you sell a hit in mid air? I think he was trying to hit the shot since he had about a 99% chance of being fouled in that situation.

I'm not saying that Haywood intentionally tried to HURT Lebron, but he wasn't going for the ball by any means & I think he was a little careless with his actions.

Either way, I've really started to hate the Wizards... love to see them being destroyed right now

Turn Off Ads?