Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff thread

Re: NBA Playoff thread

I think he markets his flopping clinics on DVD on late-night Russian television.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

DWest is having a good night

nm

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I predict that the next game in this series will be decided by 10 points or more and not necessarily with a Spurs win. One or the other team will go flat in Game 2.
    I like my chances on this prediction. Suns definitely looked flat during that 26-11 3rd quarter.
    /r/reds

Does Tim Duncan have to whine like a little girl EVERY TIME he doesn't get the exact call that he wants?!?!?!?! Jeez, he is such a crybaby. Reminds me of when UK schooled him and his Deacons back in the day.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

What happened to the "no whining" rule in the NBA? I think a few home court calls really hurt the Suns, along with Diaw being so ineffective, and that horrid scoring drought.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I missed my prediction, but at least it wasn't as close as Game 1.

I say the Spurs take a game in Phoenix and the series in 5. They've only ever lost one postseason series after leading 2-0.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 04-23-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    /r/reds

It's weird how the Suns can blow away the Spurs, but then just let them take over. They really REALLY have to stop Ginobili-Parker from just running in and hitting routine layups.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    It's weird how the Suns can blow away the Spurs, but then just let them take over. They really REALLY have to stop Ginobili-Parker from just running in and hitting routine layups.
    I think someone earlier in the thread pointed out that Phoenix was 25th in the league in team defense. Offense puts fannies in the seats, but ahem, defense wins championships.

WilyMo - which thrashing are you referring to? I vividly recall several...

And ho hum, another night at the office for Chris Paul. Still can't believe that Billy Knight passed on Paul for Marvin Williams.

Oh wait. Yes, I can believe it. Billy Knight is an idiot. His fixation with 6'8" athletic forwards reminds me of JimBo and 5 tool OFs.

Paul + Joe Johnson would have been one of the top 2 or 3 backcourts in the entire league.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Does Tim Duncan have to whine like a little girl EVERY TIME he doesn't get the exact call that he wants?!?!?!?! Jeez, he is such a crybaby. Reminds me of when UK schooled him and his Deacons back in the day.
    The whole team does. I literally can't stand watching the Spurs play basketball. They are my least favorite sports team period.

Could you imagine the Suns if they had a good perimeter defender? Actually, Bruce Bowen would be perfect. He can hit the three now and then and play great D.

Rajon Rondo ... 27 points ... SEVENTEEN FRIGGIN' ASSISTS ... TWO (2!!) TURNOVERS

Damn. You go Rajon.

I can't believe how well his offensive game has been. He was terrible at UK... I kinda wondered if he would ever come around.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Rajon Rondo ... 27 points ... SEVENTEEN FRIGGIN' ASSISTS ... TWO (2!!) TURNOVERS

Damn. You go Rajon.

Just think how good he would have been if he had gone to a school with a good basketball program.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Just think how good he would have been if he had gone to a school with a good basketball program.

DOH. lmao

Turn Off Ads?