Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff thread

Re: NBA Playoff thread

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I can't believe how well his offensive game has been. He was terrible at UK... I kinda wondered if he would ever come around.
    Terrible overall at UK? I'd disagree with that. He definitely was a very poor shooter at Kentucky. His defense was amazingly good, however. He set the single season steals record at UK as a freshman, IIRC.

I think one of the main reasons he struggled to find his offensive game at UK was b/c of the constraints that Tubby placed upon him. He tried to turn him into a prototypical point guard when his real game at that point in time was a slasher and a scorer. In a less restrictive system, I think he would have done MUCH better offensively in college.

He was always a great athlete, it was just a matter of repetition and growth before he developed the excellent midrange jumper that he now possesses.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Rajon Rondo ... 27 points ... SEVENTEEN FRIGGIN' ASSISTS ... TWO (2!!) TURNOVERS

Damn. You go Rajon.
    Chris Paul and his 35/17 from the night before say

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Terrible overall at UK? I'd disagree with that. He definitely was a very poor shooter at Kentucky. His defense was amazingly good, however. He set the single season steals record at UK as a freshman, IIRC.

I think one of the main reasons he struggled to find his offensive game at UK was b/c of the constraints that Tubby placed upon him. He tried to turn him into a prototypical point guard when his real game at that point in time was a slasher and a scorer. In a less restrictive system, I think he would have done MUCH better offensively in college.

He was always a great athlete, it was just a matter of repetition and growth before he developed the excellent midrange jumper that he now possesses.
    Terrible offensive player is what I meant. He was a great overall player. It just seemed like anything outside of a layup was asking too much.

Cavs being DESTROYED by 29 pts.

wizards came out and were the more physical team. they outworked the Cavs for the majority of the night. and unfortunately for Cavs' fans, like myself, this was one of those nights were every Cavalier not named Lebron left their jumper at the hotel. Cavs will need to step up the intensity Sunday for Game 4.

and deshawn stevenson is a joke of a professional athlete, he's been a disgrace to the nba since he was with utah

Worth The Wait

Thoughts on the Cavs, Mike Brown, Lebron, etc....

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Wow. Philly destroyed Detroit tonight. At one point late in the fourth quarter, Detroit had as many turnovers as field goals.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Doesn't look good for Detroit and I can't say that it doesn't make me happy I think they turn it on though and still have a great chance of winning the series.

Meanwhile, SA is dominating the Suns. They are using Hack-a-Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Wow. Philly destroyed Detroit tonight. At one point late in the fourth quarter, Detroit had as many turnovers as field goals.
    If my Sixers win the series, I think it would have to rate as one of the biggest NBA series upsets.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It looks like you Suns backers are going to see your playoff brackets broken next week. The Spurs are making the series look like more of a mismatch with each successive game.
    /r/reds

I hope the Cavs fail because I hate the city of Cleveland.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Thoughts on the Cavs, Mike Brown, Lebron, etc....

www.edkleese.blogspot.com
    Yeah, that article lost my attention when it became complete emotional fan crap:

Lebron isn't always in "attack" mode. Even at half-speed, Lebron is better than 3/4 of the league, but there are nights where he simply decides to let the game come to him. Sometimes, he can get away with it. Sometimes, he can't.
    The only thing that really matters is that Lebron always shows up when it counts. Yes, he might make things easier on himself (and Cavs fans) if he put things away a bit more quickly, but it doesn't seem to be part of his make-up.

Right. Lebron doesn't show up in attack mode, and he "gets away with it" sometimes. But he "Shows up" - yet doesn't "put things away quickly". Biggest bunch of fan spewed garbage I've read in a while....
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It looks like you Suns backers are going to see your playoff brackets broken next week. The Spurs are making the series look like more of a mismatch with each successive game.
    3-0 Spurs.

Defense wins championships.

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Yeah, that article lost my attention when it became complete emotional fan crap:

Lebron isn't always in "attack" mode. Even at half-speed, Lebron is better than 3/4 of the league, but there are nights where he simply decides to let the game come to him. Sometimes, he can get away with it. Sometimes, he can't.
    The only thing that really matters is that Lebron always shows up when it counts. Yes, he might make things easier on himself (and Cavs fans) if he put things away a bit more quickly, but it doesn't seem to be part of his make-up.

Right. Lebron doesn't show up in attack mode, and he "gets away with it" sometimes. But he "Shows up" - yet doesn't "put things away quickly". Biggest bunch of fan spewed garbage I've read in a while....
    But true.

The playoffs went from really cool to lame just because the Spurs are winning. They are a boring team IMO. I'm not sure their defense beat the Suns, its just the Suns had no flow at all and the Spurs found a very large loophole in the Suns' defense.

Turn Off Ads?