Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Big Night For Chad

Big Night For Chad

We need annother catcher and it turns out we had the guy all along. Last night Chad Moeller, now catching for the 200 million dollar evil empire, went 3-for-4 with an RBI double and led the way to a big victory over the Red Sox.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...to_pinstr.html

What's next- we give away Freel to the Red Sox and he hits 30 home Runs? Boy, am I growing to hate baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Re: Big Night For Chad

Kyle Lohse shutting out the Brewers through 7. Has his ERA down to 0.74. I hate baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Kyle Lohse shutting out the Brewers through 7. Has his ERA down to 0.74. I hate baseball.
    Dave Duncan has a lot to do with this type of stuff... Loshe... I am very upset that Loshe was a steady 5 IP 6ER Guy when he was here and now he's competing for Cy Youngs in the Hated St. Louis...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Dave Duncan has a lot to do with this type of stuff... Loshe... I am very upset that Loshe was a steady 5 IP 6ER Guy when he was here and now he's competing for Cy Youngs in the Hated St. Louis...
    Yeah well, come back to us at the end of the year and then we'll see if Loshe is any closer to a Cy Young than also having a "Y" in his first name and an "O" in his last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post
    Yeah well, come back to us at the end of the year and then we'll see if Loshe is any closer to a Cy Young than also having a "Y" in his first name and an "O" in his last name.
    I highly doubt that he will win one... I just think it is Bull that he was spotty at best when pitching for the Reds

I like Loshe I'm sorta mad we traded him last year, and not because of his stats this year. But he is 400 times better then Fogg.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegsmustache View Post
    I like Loshe I'm sorta mad we traded him last year, and not because of his stats this year. But he is 400 times better then Fogg.

I agree that Lohse his better than Fogg, but he wouldn't be putting up his St. Louis numbers here this year...

Some pitchers that come through here that aren't successful, then go to another team and are successful stress me out...

Dempster has been better in Chicago, Lohse in St. Louis now...

I don't think I like the last few pitching coaches this team has had...

I really admired Don Gullett, but now I bet a lot of people tell me I am nuts cause Gullett sucked...

Wish we could get Leo Mazzonne, he is still unemployed right at the moment, isn't he?

Yeah, but by and large these guys revert back to their previous levels when it's all said and done. Duncan is a very good pitching coach, but as with most his reputation probably is a little inflated when compared to his abilities. He sure as heck didn't get anything out of Kip Wells, and without looking at or having any numbers, I'm sure you can say he made Jason Marquis a useable, league average guy at best.

Maybe Loshe has turned a corner, and maybe Duncan has lead the way for him to do so. Or maybe he'll go back to being the same inconsistent guy he's always been.

I know I've thought over the years that guys like Jack Armstrong, Chris Hammond, and Chris Reitsma would be big time pitchers or have big years based off of strong starts early in the season. Yet when it was all said and done all of them had mostly forgettable seasons and careers.

So we'll see what happens with Loshe.

Heck, Brett Tomko had 2 or 3 good starts for the Royals. Does anyone really expect that to last?

Chad just hit a homerun against the O's.

Turn Off Ads?