Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Edwin Encarnacion: NEEDS TO BE IN AAA

Re: Edwin Encarnacion: NEEDS TO BE IN AAA

He should throw it from his keister every time. Right on the money.

You have to let the kid sink or swim at this point. To me, he has all year...but you have to at least give him a couple of months.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Does anyone agree. He looks terrible. It looks like a highschooler attempting to throw across the diamond...it's just gotten to the point of just plain TERRIBLE in my opinion.

It's obviously psychological too. He just doesn't have what it takes at this point.
    So who replaces him from AAA?

I'm talking purely defensively.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I'm talking purely defensively.
    Well you can't send down his defense and keep his bat up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

It's obviously psychological too.
    And how did you reach this diagnosis?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I really don't think demoting Edwin to AAA will do anything to help him at this point. It would only stagnate his development. He needs to work on ironing out the kinks at the ML level without looking over his shoulder all the time. He is only 24.
    Yep. Demoting isn't going to help him at this stage.

From observing this kid, I don't think his defense is going to get much better because they've worked and worked with this kid on his foot work, and he just ain't getting it.

But you hang with kid and give him the chance since Gonzo is out. Just keep Castro on the bench, unless it's as a late inning INF defensive replacement with the Reds up bunches (like today vs the Cubs).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Well you can't send down his defense and keep his bat up here.
    That would be AWESOME though.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I think the Reds will be thinking position change for him in the offseason unless his defense improves drastically by the end of the season.

The 9th inning today was comical.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Maybe they can send him to Louisville to work on his defense and buy him a super long bat that stretches from Louisville to Cincinnati in order to keep his bat in the Reds lineup.

In 2009 we may see EE in LF, Keppinger at 3B, Gonzalez at SS, and Bruce in RF...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    In 2009 we may see EE in LF, Keppinger at 3B, Gonzalez at SS, and Bruce in RF...
    Yeah, I definatley agree that something like that is very possible. Maybe somebody else instead of Gonzalez (who will be in the last year of his deal and coming off maybe missing an entire season), but I think you are onto something.

Just trade Dunn and change to LA for Matt Kemp and stick him in CF in 2008 and I'd be a happy camper.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Not a bad idea. I'd like to pump up EdE's value a bit and trade him if possible. He's just untenable at 3rd.

It would be very beneficial for AGon to get healthy next year, as he could likely serve as a stopgap for some of the young middle-infielders. Could Todd Frazier be ready? Is he a SS? Krivsky would need to start making decisions on the youngsters...

EE is going to have a great season. Beautiful web gem versus the Cubs this afternoon.

Turn Off Ads?