Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds minor leaguers Top 5 (offensive)

Re: Reds minor leaguers Top 5 (offensive)

i just wanted you to see what you've been saying before you embarrass yourself arguing with me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

point proven

What?

sorry i was just trying to get to 50 post. i hated being at 47 , regardless i really dont highly regard stubbs as do you. but thats your opinion. so be it. i do REALLY like chris heisey though. and i wouldnt be suprised if he made it to the bigs in a similar to fashion as did norris hopper a few years back towards the middle of next year, even before drew stubbs.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Heisey and all, but what makes you think he is going to sniff AAA, much less the majors in July 2009?

a really strong opinion. and the fact that he's 6 SB in 6 attempts this year. has some pretty good defense. in heiseys 757 minor league at-bats he has averaged a HR every 47.3ABs while in stubbs 799 ABs hes averaged one HR every 42.05 ABs. the thing is as much as you want to deny it heisey has had extremely similar minor league stats compared to stubbs. both have played 208 games, heisey has a career .982OPS while stubbs has a .981 OPS. heisey may not have quite as much speed but has had a 78% SB success rate compared to stubbs 74%. heisey has a career .284 average, stubbs .274. go across. its almost frightening how similar there stats are in many categories. basically what im getting at with stubbs being a first round pick there going to want to protect him, wait until he's completely ready as they are with bruce before bringing him up. heisey is a different story as he was a what, 8th round pick. i dont even know. just they'd rather waste his talent by bringing him up to early than stubbs. ill give it to you stubbs has more pure natural talent, but on the other hand heisey uses his less limited talent to the max. i just like the kid i suppose

So many stats are wrong in that I won't even go into it.... but I didn't ask anything about Stubbs. Why do you think Heisey will get to AAA by next year, much less to the Majors?

did i just not explain it or did you not read my previous post. just as they have with bruce they will protect stubbs future by keeping him in the minors til he is completely ready to play on the major league team. it happens all the time in various major league teams. and because heisey is the lower of the two prospects theyll be more likely to take a chance on bringing him up to early, like they brought up encarnacion up too early several years back, therefor delaying his potential. im not saying in any way at all that chris heisey is in any way a better prospect, player or any such thing better than drew stubbs. all im saying is because stubbs was a first rounder theyll be cautious with him. and because they got a bounty full of young outfielders fit for a 3/4 outfielders spot possibly, such as daniel dorn, chris dickerson, shaun cumberland, b.j. szymanski theres no reason they shouldnt call up players like heisey who perform well consistently in the minors. sure argue off his .242 average so far this year but just as youve pointed out, his limited at-bats are too small a sample size to judge him on. i dont have anything to prove my thought but i believe strongly that heisey will make it to the majors mid 09 and definately before stubbs. but if you think contrary to me as you always seem to thats just great, its your turn to explain why your feeling otherwise.

no, I read what you said. It just doesn't make sense to bring up Heisey. Of all the guys the Reds have in AA/AAA between Danny Dorn, Chris Dickerson, Drew Anderson, Shaun Cumberland, Sean Henry.... what puts Heisey on some track to jump ahead of all of those guys in a year and 2 months from now? It never had anything to do with Stubbs, but everything to do with Chris Heisey and the track he is on where you have him flying through the system from this point forward almost at a pace of Jay Bruce (and Chris Heisey is no Jay Bruce).

Turn Off Ads?