Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nuxhall book

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Nuxhall book

Just came home from a Clipper afternoon game (4/10) to find the Nuxhall book I ordered in my mailbox...has anyone else got theirs yet?? Haven't really got into it yet, but already it has paid for itself with the emotion I felt going thru the final "Fond Farewell" chapter....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nuxhall book

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Just came home from a Clipper afternoon game (4/10) to find the Nuxhall book I ordered in my mailbox...has anyone else got theirs yet?? Haven't really got into it yet, but already it has paid for itself with the emotion I felt going thru the final "Fond Farewell" chapter....
    I will have to get that book. The Cubs announcers on WGN today had some good things to say about NUXIE. The Cubs announcers have a little more class than their fans.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Let me know how it is. I just finished Joe, by Greg Hoard.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

The book is not really taxing as far as a read...pretty much a compilation of articles from the Cincy Enquirer archives....the real greatness of the book is the pictures...many I had never seen before....it is definitely worth the price...a fitting tribute to a great guy...

I am reading "Joe - Rounding 3rd and Heading for Home" - by Greg Hoard as well. It was a late bday present from Mom. It is quite enjoyable to me. I love the pictures and his letters home, etc.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    I am reading "Joe - Rounding 3rd and Heading for Home" - by Greg Hoard as well. It was a late bday present from Mom. It is quite enjoyable to me. I love the pictures and his letters home, etc.
    I thoroughly enjoyed that book. I have an autographed copy of it at home. I'm glad I got it signed when I had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that book. I have an autographed copy of it at home. I'm glad I got it signed when I had the chance.
    I got me an autographed one too, good photos.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    That was a good biography about Joe. There were a lot of things I never knew about him. Such as being a great HS basketball player and him having a little sister that tragically died very young. Highly recomend this book for any Reds fan.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?