Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    What if you could resign him?
    Its pretty much a no-brainer if you could resign him. We'd probably have to give a little more.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    ESPN (Steve Phillips) listed 5 Nats who are on the block. Soriano, Guillen, and Armas, Jr. were the 3 I heard.
    Soriano, Guillen, Armas, Hernandez and Vidro....

I think those were the 5....

Would mind asking about Patterson and Gary Mesjestki(spelling)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Armas and Soriano for Dunn?

I am just throwing it out there to get people's thoughts. I would have to look at some stats to see if I would do it or not.

I know JimBo loves Dunn.

*ducks*
    I would boycott.:thumbdown :thumbdown
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    I would do that in a second. Soriano is a better fielder, hitter and baserunner than Dunn.
    don't let facts get in the way.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Alfonso Soriano 2006 .888 OPS
    Adam Dunn 2006 .916 OPS

Soriano has the higher bat avg I guess

They will get a load from some foolish team for him, it won't (thankfully) be us
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Alfonso Soriano 2006 .888 OPS
    Adam Dunn 2006 .916 OPS
    Yeah, but Soriano can swipe 35 bases, is a faster baserunner, and by virtue of his great speed has the potential to become a very good outfielder. The only downside is his age and the fact that he would be a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Yeah, but Soriano can swipe 35 bases, is a faster baserunner, and by virtue of his great speed has the potential to become a very good outfielder. The only downside is his age and the fact that he would be a free agent.
    I've got the potential to be the President.

You have to get on base to steal bases. Dunn hits enough extra base hits to make up for the steals. stolen bases are highly overrated.

Why would ESPN delete threads off of their message board about a baseless rumor? That just doesn't make sense.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

But, of course i'm very interested in what JimBo would want for Armas.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    But, of course i'm very interested in what JimBo would want for Armas.....
    Lastings Milledge.

Austin Kearns probably, which would be a bad idea for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Why would ESPN delete threads off of their message board about a baseless rumor? That just doesn't make sense.
    it doesn't involve the Red Sox?

I've got the potential to be the President.

You have to get on base to steal bases. Dunn hits enough extra base hits to make up for the steals. stolen bases are highly overrated.
    So far this season Soriano has more XBHs than Dunn. He did last season as well. You have to get on base to steal bases? Well, he's stolen 20 so far this season, so I guess he's been on base enough to steal that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    So far this season Soriano has more XBHs than Dunn. He did last season as well. You have to get on base to steal bases? Well, he's stolen 20 so far this season, so I guess he's been on base enough to steal that many.
    he makes too many outs for me.

Austin Kearns probably, which would be a bad idea for the Reds.
    Well Armas is on the DL right now. Been on the DL for almost a month with a Strained Right Forearm...

I think I'd do it... Even with Armas on the DL I think....

He'd have to throw in Jon Rauch or Gary Majewski or Both or someone else into the deal to make it happen....

Jockstocks Homepage

Turn Off Ads?