Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER
    Apparently the thread on ESPN has now been deleted, although I can't check for myself since ESPN.com seems to be down at the moment.....I can't really remember a trade rumor thread being deleted there, so take it for what it's worth......
    Yeah, I was also trying to go to ESPN to read what all the "fuss" was about, can't get there.. i can get to the Reds front page, but when I go to the message board, it can't find it...
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Found this on the Reds baord.Take it FWIW.

To: usireds3 (14 of 17)

27735.14 in reply to 27735.8

I heard on ESPN radio that there IS indeed a trade working with the Reds, Marlins and at least one other team possibly Oakland or the Orioles, but they did not want to pass anything until it was official. They then started talking "hypothetical situations"

Major names included in this discussion/rumor were...Kearns, Willis, Cabrera, Hatteberg, and Lopez. Someone also said on the Radio that there was rumors that an All Star would be in the package somewhere. This could be were the Rumor of Tejada came from. Although No one on the Radio actually said his name that I heard.

However, there were JUST talking RUMORS and not really reporting much except that there were negotiations taking place and several big names were included.

Also several Cincy prospects were mentioned including Bruce, Ramirez, and Denorfia.
    I'm your Huckleberry." - Doc Holliday

"Ramirez"

As in the Lizard? If he goes anywhere, we better be getting Dontrelle in the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Well at least we are seeing another person report hearing it on ESPN radio.....I doubt the Reds end up with Willis and Tejada, but the poster who started the thread on ESPN is starting to look more credible....(maybe)
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

If we get Tejada, Willis, or Cabrera (just one of them) I will poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I don't know that I want Tejada unless the O's are paying a large portion of his salary, but the other two, well, I might too...
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

You'll get constipation talkin' like that.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

.....and if the Reds don't?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Thread in the pooper
    Go Gators!

I would love to have any of those three big boys but I would not trade Jay Bruce (or Homer Bailey) under any circumstances.

What I don't get is why the other teams are necessarily making the deal. This trade upgrades us tremendously, Bruce or other major prospects have to be included. Kearns isnt enough for Willis even though I am a huge Kearns fan. Hatterberg and Lopez for Tejada only works if Baltimore picks up some salary. I am all for it. Tejada is one of the better hitters in the game and Willis, Harang, and Arroyo would give us one of the best front 3 in the NL central. If it goes down what do the Cardinals do to counter?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    We also got the 3rd Boone brother in that deal

Thanks for that reminder. I forgot who the worst Single A player that I ever saw in my life was. Now I remember.

Sirens going off around my house....hmmmm.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Trade Cueto, Denorfia, Wood or Drew Stubbs. In my mind Bailey and Bruce are untouchables.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    Trade Cueto, Denorfia, Wood or Drew Stubbs. In my mind Bailey and Bruce are untouchables.
    Stubbs is also untouchable until next June.

Man, I can't get a darn thing on ESPN.com to load properly. I want to see the drama!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?