Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

part of BBN

Re: Kearns on the block

just got in from work and rather than read overall posts since last nite, was the "big trade speculation " proven false ??

2. Turn Off Ads?

seems to be a baseless rumor jmac..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jmac
    just got in from work and rather than read overall posts since last nite, was the "big trade speculation " proven false ??
    It's got about as much chance of happening as the Reds getting Johan Santana.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

part of BBN

though it seemed far fetched something seemed strange over weekend.
    jn knowing how bad our bullpen is and with milton on mound and pulling griff in 4th.then not playing him sunday.just seemed odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac
    though it seemed far fetched something seemed strange over weekend.
    jn knowing how bad our bullpen is and with milton on mound and pulling griff in 4th.then not playing him sunday.just seemed odd to me.

I still don't doubt that SOMETHING is going on, for the reasons you stated among others. I just don't think it'll be the "rumor" from the espn boards. Kearns for Westbrook wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

And we keep going, and going and going.

Tony Armas JR is on the block.... Mr. K should give JimBo a call....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Since Narron's contract has been extended and he doesn't appear to be too high on Edwin's defense, that might not be a bad deal.

If we could have a 2008 rotation of:

Arroyo
    Harang
    Bailey
    Pitcher acquired for EE
    Travis Wood

I think we'd definately be in the wild card hunt (at least) all season. I believe 2008 is Arroyo's last season under contract. Hopefully, we'll sign Harang to an extension. Bailey should be in the rotatoin to start 2008, and I'm guessing Travis Wood makes the rotation at some point that season. That's the year I'm looking to and will be disappointed if we don't make the post season that year.
    I actually expect Zach Ward to be the starter after Homer to get an extended shot in the rotation.

I know I've read where some here have posted that he's best suited for the pen, but with his apparent makeup and college experience - if he can continue his extreme propensity for throwing ground balls, I'd give him a shot at the bottom of the rotation first.

I know that they haven't really challenged him yet, but I think that will change soon and excelerate next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    And we keep going, and going and going.

Tony Armas JR is on the block.... Mr. K should give JimBo a call....
    Where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Where did you hear that?
    ESPN (Steve Phillips) listed 5 Nats who are on the block. Soriano, Guillen, and Armas, Jr. were the 3 I heard.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    I actually expect Zach Ward to be the starter after Homer to get an extended shot in the rotation.

I know I've read where some here have posted that he's best suited for the pen, but with his apparent makeup and college experience - if he can continue his extreme propensity for throwing ground balls, I'd give him a shot at the bottom of the rotation first.

I know that they haven't really challenged him yet, but I think that will change soon and excelerate next year.
    The reason they were considering using him out of the bullpen is because he has a shortarm delivery that some think could lead to an arm injury. I think the jury is still out on what his role will ultimately be. I'll bet he stays a starter. Sure could use a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    ESPN (Steve Phillips) listed 5 Nats who are on the block. Soriano, Guillen, and Armas, Jr. were the 3 I heard.
    okay, thanks.

He allegedly requested Lastings Milledge in exchange for Livan Hernandez, so there's no telling what he'd want. Worth a phone call, though.

Armas and Soriano for Dunn?

I am just throwing it out there to get people's thoughts. I would have to look at some stats to see if I would do it or not.

I know JimBo loves Dunn.

*ducks*
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Armas and Soriano for Dunn?

I am just throwing it out there to get people's thoughts. I would have to look at some stats to see if I would do it or not.

I know JimBo loves Dunn.

*ducks*
    Soriano for Dunn was thrown out at the beginning of the year by Bowden to Dan O who turned it down flat. I want no part of a Soriano rental.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    Soriano for Dunn was thrown out at the beginning of the year by Bowden to Dan O who turned it down flat. I want no part of a Soriano rental.
    What if you could resign him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I would do that in a second. Soriano is a better fielder, hitter and baserunner than Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?