Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

I think a deal makes sense for both the Marlins and Reds to make this kind of deal. And for that matter I could see the Orioles reasons for making a deal of Tejada.

I am not sure what kind of deal we are looking at here but why wouldn't anyone make a deal for Dontrelle Willis he's 24 (3 yrs of experience) makes a measley 4 mil & 350K for the next 3 years. He is the closest thing to an impact lefty you could get and his merchandise would pay for his salary this year if he became a Red and he would automatically spike the attendance. All this for 2 mil the rest of this year. If he gets hurt over the next 3 years you don't lose alot of money. He's practically a godsend and worth whatever we would have to give to get him. As for getting Cabrera to boot that would be great but unlikely. He's 23 and one of the best hitters in baseball and he plays 3rd base.

I could see the O's parting with Tejada but only if we came off of Dunn, and that's probably unlikely, considering Tejada's age. Unless it somehow netted us Cabrera again not likely. The Willis deal though is a no lose situation too me.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    White Sox Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegger80
    As he says this, Shoeless Joe spins in his grave like a drill bit.
    lol, say is isnt so redlegger. Seriously though i don't think they threw it. if the 1906 hitless wonders could beat the cubs 116 winning team, but then again it is the cubs. Still i think its more than possible that the 1919 reds could beat the 1919 sox fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    And the rumor is dead.
    Rest in peace insanity
    Go Gators!

Did someone say Brian Moehler?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

White Sox Fan

lastly you wouldn't take a one possibly two relievers with ERAs south of 4.10(Herges/Borowski) for Denorfia?

I would, the reds haven't delivered since building the great american ball park in '03 and in general haven't been to the post season in 1996, I would think you as a fan would be a little anxious and chomping at the bit to get to the post season and possibly the WS, the mets aren't the real deal and you've got a better offense than them.

Denorfia's ceiling has been established he will be 26 in 5 days. Hes an on base machine and his maso menos pop, and hes better at stealing a bag than Kevin Youkillis, he projects to be a lead off man, your team already has all 3 OF positions filled and a lead off hitter in Freely, its pretty apparent he doesn't fit into your teams plans at this juncture.

Freel is not a long term solution.

You can have him for the 2 relievers
    Go Gators!

I just back read through this thread and it's been entertaining. I cannot see any way that 3 team trade would happen. I could see the Reds making a deal that would add payroll though. BCast seems dedicated to winning ASAP and making a big splash and adding payroll is a good way to demonstrate that commitment whether it's best for the team or not (see Milton, Eric). I'm not really sure why the Reds would want to trade for Tejada though. Willis and Cabrera should be the main targets. Getting either of them would be a huge boost to the team. Cabrera is an absolute monster and Willis has been a stud so far except for the beginning of this year. I say dangle Kearns, EdE, Bailey and anyone else it would take to get these two. Even if the Reds overpay for Willis it would probably be a huge boost to the rotation. To get proven talent for unproven talent is a trade that I would make 100x over even if I'm overpaying.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Did someone say Brian Moehler?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.
    Anyone remember when the Reds traded for him? WLW said that the Reds had scheduled a news conference and that the Reds had acquired Scott Rolen.

We also got the 3rd Boone brother in that deal
    Go Gators!

To add a little more fuel to the fire ... 1460 (again) teased to an interview with Jim Day (he does the pregame show, right?) saying Day was telling them that he gets the feeling something is about to happen -- that the body language and stuff around the team indicated a move was about to be made. I didn't hear the segment itself, but that was the tease.

The truth is, this whole thing sounds like one big tease.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic
    To add a little more fuel to the fire ... 1460 (again) teased to an interview with Jim Day (he does the pregame show, right?) saying Day was telling them that he gets the feeling something is about to happen -- that the body language and stuff around the team indicated a move was about to be made. I didn't hear the segment itself, but that was the tease.

The truth is, this whole thing sounds like one big tease.
    "The Cincinnati Reds are pleased to announce they have re-signed veteran outfielder Reggie Taylor to a minor league contract."
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

They did that with Eddie Taubensee too.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Maybe they are bringing back Mark Portugal...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Maybe they are bringing back Mark Portugal...
    Is Steve Paris still around?

The 2006 Cincinnati Reds, the power of tradition..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Apparently the thread on ESPN has now been deleted, although I can't check for myself since ESPN.com seems to be down at the moment.....I can't really remember a trade rumor thread being deleted there, so take it for what it's worth......
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Turn Off Ads?