Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

For what it's worth, here is what Tejada is owed/was paid for the contract he signed in December 2003 with the O's.

Tejada receives a $12 million signing bonus, with $4 million payable in 2004 and $2 million each in 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2011.

He receives yearly salaries of $3 million in 2004, $9 million in 2005, $10 million in 2006, $12 million in 2007, $13 million in 2008 and $13 million in 2009.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    .....and if the Reds don't?

I'll have to go buy some exlax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    For what it's worth, here is what Tejada is owed/was paid for the contract he signed in December 2003 with the O's.

Honestly i woudl rather the Reds got Cabrera instead and he would be alot cheaper and a huge #4 hitter on this team..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    Honestly i woudl rather the Reds got Cabera instead and he would be alot cheaper and a huge #4 hitter on this team..
    It would take alot more to get him. Probably Edwin and Homer.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I have a much better trade proposal:
    Chris Denorfia for MLB's permission for the Reds to create their 2007 schedule.
    We all know Deno's value is that high.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

15 pages into this thread, its finally to the point where I'd like to hear something about this from a legitimate source.

I'd also like to hear someone confirm that Buster Olney said the Reds were working on a deal bigger than when A-Rod was traded to the Yankees... that's pretty key to this whole discussion, I think.

I would much rather have Lopez than Tejada, cause Lopez wont cost but about half of what Tejeda's getting and that money could be spent on pitching. Now on the other hand I wonder if we could land Miquel Cabrera from Florida, and what it would take to land him in Cincy. I think this package would get him here:

Reds trade: Edwin Encarnacion, Bj symanski, Chris Denorfia, Ty Pelland

Marlins trade: Miguel Cabrera and Randy Messenger

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    It would take alot more to get him. Probably Edwin and Homer.

ok.. Edwin, Bailey, Kearns and another prospect for Willis, Herges and Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    I would much rather have Lopez than Tejada, cause Lopez wont cost but about half of what Tejeda's getting and that money could be spent on pitching. Now on the other hand I wonder if we could land Miquel Cabrera from Florida, and what it would take to land him in Cincy. I think this package would get him here:

Reds trade: Edwin Encarnacion, Bj symanski, Chris Denorfia, Ty Pelland

Marlins trade: Miguel Cabrera and Randy Messenger
    The Marlins would NEVER do that.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    They would never do that for both.

Without Homer and Bruce it would probaly take Edwin, Cueto, Wood and Denorfia for Cabrera or Willis.

I'd rather have Tom Seaver for Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, Pat Zachary and Doug Flynn.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    Without Homer and Bruce it would probaly take Edwin, Cueto, Wood and Denorfia for Cabrera or Willis.
    That is more of a real possibilty.

Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    Add Bruce into that and then maybe.... Cabrera is still young and fits in with the youth movement in Florida but will become expensive soon. Have to give up more than just his replacement and minor league fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    Trade Cueto, Denorfia, Wood or Drew Stubbs. In my mind Bailey and Bruce are untouchables.
    Can you guarantee me that Bailey will be better than Willis? No, you can't. In my opinion no one in a minor league system should be untouchable. How many Reds (or former Reds) can you name who tore it up in the minors and came to the majors and couldn't get it done? The Show is a looonnnggg way from AAA.

Turn Off Ads?