Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

I really do not know what to think. If the rumor is true, I am ecstatic. If not, it wouldn't be the first time that I have disappointed.

A couple of observations. In relation to the "rumor" thread being deleted on the ESPN site. Why would MLB or ESPN care about a rumor, unless there is something to it?

The fact that the All-Star game is front and center tonight, obvoiusly they want to keep it in the forefront, a trade of this magnitude would definitely take away from the mid-summer classic.

Secondly, why are most surprised that Kearns could be traded for Willis? I read thread after thread after thread on this site about what people think we could get for Kearns and it's always something in the neighborhood of what is being proposed.

I look forward to finding out how this is going to play out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The rumor was on the Reds message board on the ESPN site. It wasn't an article or anything.

Waiting for Guffman.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Not trying to sound like I'm someone important cause I am not but I have been talking with Furman via email since I found this thread and he said he talked to Krivsky (around 5 pm) and that nothing is happening. Sorry if this killed it for some of the dreamers I know it was fun.
    A GM saying nothing is going on is like a GM saying a managers job is safe then the manager gets fired a week later.

If Krivsky would have told Tracy Jones this, I would have believed it because Tracy PLAYED THE GAME.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Just adding to the conspiracy theory but there is fireworks going off right now over at the ballpark. Doubt it means anything but still.......

Furman would have blabbed if something was up, so I don't think his response necessarily means Krivsky told him anything one way or another.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I can't see anything happening until right before the deadline. Many teams will wait until the last minute to deal players for prospects holding out for the best possible deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    I can't see anything happening until right before the deadline. Many teams will wait until the last minute to deal players for prospects holding out for the best possible deal.
    Very good point.

I dont trade Dunn for anything other than a Starting Pitcher who will be our Ace for atleast the next 5 seasons lol.

Dangle Kearns.... Look to maybe move Aurilia......maybe even Hatte with his play this season...
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Bailey and Denorfia for Willis?

Would you?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Bailey and Denorfia for Willis?

Would you?
    Yes.

I don't know if the Marlins would, but it is an interesting deal. They might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    I dont trade Dunn for anything other than a Starting Pitcher who will be our Ace for atleast the next 5 seasons lol.

Dangle Kearns.... Look to maybe move Aurilia......maybe even Hatte with his play this season...
    As they just posted at the All Star Game, 20 of 32 teams are currently within 6 games of a playoff spot. It may be difficult to make a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Yes.

I don't know if the Marlins would, but it is an interesting deal. They might.
    I think I would have to as well.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by FeartheEars
    What I don't get is why the other teams are necessarily making the deal. This trade upgrades us tremendously, Bruce or other major prospects have to be included. Kearns isnt enough for Willis even though I am a huge Kearns fan. Hatterberg and Lopez for Tejada only works if Baltimore picks up some salary. I am all for it. Tejada is one of the better hitters in the game and Willis, Harang, and Arroyo would give us one of the best front 3 in the NL central. If it goes down what do the Cardinals do to counter?
    BAL deals Tejada because he makes a ton of money and is not happy.

FLA deals Willis because he is due to make a boatload next year and is at peak value. And by the time the team is ready, he will be too old.

FLA deals Cabrera because they have had a lot of problems with him and his attitude, including another one recently with him and Scott Olsen getting into a fight. They may be tired of dealing with him. Plus another big payday next year.

There are very logical reasons why these teams would make these moves. Now, do they go down? Who knows. But it could be completely logical from their perspectives. And the Reds really are a good fit, believe it or not, for both IF they are willing to take on the $$, which with BCast around, they MAY be willing to do.

I understand all those arguments I am just saying that one of the A prospects has to be included. If I were the Marlins I would be holding out for Bruce or Bailey. Would love to see either trade go down and would be praising B cast and Special K as the Reds version of Marvin Lewis as I feel thats what they are going to become.

Turn Off Ads?