Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

My head hurts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm going to bed... I didn't believe this at first, but after seeing so many people saying they heard this on the Radio that made me think "what if" I just don't understand why this would leak on ESPN Radio but no where else on the net or TV... oh well, I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Only thing in this thread I can see happening is Jake Westbrook, and I hope we don't pay the farm for him
    Go Gators!

Which rumor is more unbelievable?

The one we don't know the original source of (sourceless claim on ESPN board) and we land Willis and/or Tejada?

or

The one we know the original source of (some writer's opinion) and we land Jake Westbrook?

hmm... I say neither, but I bet something does happen pretty soon.

Soooo...what times the presser then?

I heard we were getting John Rocker for Billy Hatcher.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

and Terry Lee

Space available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by pahster
    The return for Dunn would have to be tremendous. Like Liriano-big.
    I can't say I agree with you. I'd want more for Kearns than Dunn. Dunn hits taters, that's about it, IMO. If you think about it, he really is a defensive liability in LF. He does nothing in the field that makes me say "Only a couple players in MLB could do that." He's going to cost a lot of money in the next few years, and I'd rather have a .280 ish hitter with 25-30 HRs and 100 RBI than a .230 hitter with 50/95.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm hearing nothing on ESPN radio
    Is your radio turned on?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Is your radio turned on?

Wouldn't make any difference on this thread.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedleg
    I can't say I agree with you. I'd want more for Kearns than Dunn. Dunn hits taters, that's about it, IMO. If you think about it, he really is a defensive liability in LF. He does nothing in the field that makes me say "Only a couple players in MLB could do that." He's going to cost a lot of money in the next few years, and I'd rather have a .280 ish hitter with 25-30 HRs and 100 RBI than a .230 hitter with 50/95.
    Kearns hasn't hit 25-30 HR's and 100 RBI. He might, but he hasn't. Dunn would get about 3 times the amount of talent that Kearns would bring in.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedleg
    Warning!! Warning!!

Thread Derailment to Commence in 3... 2...
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by beautox
    lastly you wouldn't take a one possibly two relievers with ERAs south of 4.10(Herges/Borowski) for Denorfia?
    Yes, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. We need bullpen a lot more than a 4th OF.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    We trade Dunn for Ervin Santana and I will slit my throat.
    What if RHP Brenden Donnelly was added to the deal?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    What is the longest non-game thread we've had before?
    Probably something to do with Dunn, Ks and OBP, or something along those lines...

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Didn't imagine this could BECOME a Dunn thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedLeg
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?