Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

"Spicy Habanero"

Radio Trade Rumors?

After reading through many posts which I'm sure are highly fabricated about us aquiring this mega superstar deal. Has anyone on here heard anything on radio or news to verify that. Many people on Espn's message board were throwing out radio station names all over the tri sate saying that they heard there was a big trade coming up for the reds. Has any one heard this as well? I will be listening to The Furball (Andy Furman) tonight and making a call in to see If there is any truth to this wet dream of a trade some folks have fabricated. Has anyone heard anything solid? And can you remeber the last time this rumor started about 2 months ago Kearns for Cabrera and Willis, yeah right!!! Some people never quit...
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Since Narron's contract has been extended and he doesn't appear to be too high on Edwin's defense, that might not be a bad deal.

If we could have a 2008 rotation of:

Arroyo
    Harang
    Bailey
    Pitcher acquired for EE
    Travis Wood

I think we'd definately be in the wild card hunt (at least) all season. I believe 2008 is Arroyo's last season under contract. Hopefully, we'll sign Harang to an extension. Bailey should be in the rotatoin to start 2008, and I'm guessing Travis Wood makes the rotation at some point that season. That's the year I'm looking to and will be disappointed if we don't make the post season that year.
    I'll FCB-Guarantee that Travis Wood won't be a member of the Reds rotation in 2008.

That'd require that he'd jump from low-A ball to the bigs in under 2 years. He'll take a full year at Sarasota next year, I think, and then a full year at Chattanooga before possibly hitting the major league squad in 2009-ish, if everything stays on track.

If you're looking at 2008, the guy who SHOULD be on a fast track towards the big leagues is Zach "Wormburner" Ward. He's a college pitcher who does nothing but throw groundballs. He should be in High-A right now, and if he makes the leap down to Sarasota this year, he could be on track to do a full year at Chattanooga next year before possibly seeing Cincinnati in 2008.

Looking at 2007/2008 is what the team needs to be doing, if they are plaining to hang onto Homer. As nice as getting Willis would be, I'd like to see the Reds try to get another good pitching prospect that's on Bailey's timetable -- ready for the bigs in early-mid 2008. It'd be nice to have a Zito-Mulder-Hudson "embarassment of riches" situation occur around here for a change.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

has there really been 527 posts based on someone's made up story?? sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I'm actually kinda glad someone just made this up. After thinking about it, I wouldn't want to trade Bailey for Willis. Willis' low K-rate worries me. I'm not even sure he'll be a #1 starter the next few years. He may not even be one now.
    You have got to be kidding me. Willis led the NL last year in wins, shutouts and complete games with an ERA of 2.63 which was 3rd in the NL. 2nd in the Cy Young voting and some people feel like he should have won. But to you he's not a #1 starter? That is the epitome of a #1 starter and if it takes sending the Reds top pitching prospect( who by the way hasn't even pitched a day in AAA yet) then the Reds should jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner
    sweet comeback.
    Thank's... your mouth sure is purty.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    You have got to be kidding me. Willis led the NL last year in wins, shutouts and complete games with an ERA of 2.63 which was 3rd in the NL. 2nd in the Cy Young voting and some people feel like he should have won. But to you he's not a #1 starter? That is the epitome of a #1 starter and if it takes sending the Reds top pitching prospect( who by the way hasn't even pitched a day in AAA yet) then the Reds should jump on it.
    Well, he certainly pitched like a #1 starter last year. However, he's on his way to his second season with more hits allowed than innings pitched, is giving up the long ball more frequently than at any time in his career, and is striking out a measly 5.55/9. His 9.85 H/9 rate and 1.41 WHIP are the worst of his career.

All of that, coupled with the fact that he's a free agent in a couple years, makes me reluctant to trade possibly the best pitching prospect in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    has there really been 527 posts based on someone's made up story?? sheesh
    Hey..we've had 100,000 on someone being bored!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals
    To: Jay Vlademio unread (7 of 27)
    27735.7 in reply to 27735.1
    just heard on 1460 the fan in columbus , there is a block buster trade in the in the works for the reds ,as early as this weekend . they gave no names or teams involved , 1460 is an affiliate of espn so who knows how much there is to it .

Anyone in here listening to that station?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Well, he certainly pitched like a #1 starter last year. However, he's on his way to his second season with more hits allowed than innings pitched, is giving up the long ball more frequently than at any time in his career, and is striking out a measly 5.55/9. His 9.85 H/9 rate and 1.41 WHIP are the worst of his career.

All of that, coupled with the fact that he's a free agent in a couple years, makes me reluctant to trade possibly the best pitching prospect in the game.
    Yes but the key word is prospect. Keep in mind he's pitching in a situation that he knows he's got no chance to be in the playoffs AND he knows he's not going to be there next year. And I don't hear a lot of people complaining about Dunn's stats being down and how he's not the player he was. Except me and I complained before they went down.

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    what was awesome about the guzman trade, the fact that we did not make the playoffs or that we gave up ryan
    I remember he pitched a terrible game against the Brewers the last Saturday of the 99 season. He wins that, we go to the playoffs.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I thought it was Scott Sullivan that blew the lead, which put us in the tiebreaker game with the Mets.

Either way we gave up a future stud closer who would look really good coming out of the pen right now for a SP who didnt get us to the playoffs or help us after that.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13
    Either way we gave up a future stud closer who would look really good coming out of the pen right now for a SP who didnt get us to the playoffs or help us after that.
    Hindsight is 20/20. I still like the Guzman trade. It was what the '99 club needed to make it VERY interesting all the way to the end. There are no guarantees that you will win it all, but sometimes you have to take a chance. Look at it this way: at least we didn't give up Joe Nathan, Boof Bonser and Francisco Liriano for AJ Pierzynski.. or Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    Hindsight is 20/20. I still like the Guzman trade. It was what the '99 club needed to make it VERY interesting all the way to the end. There are no guarantees that you will win it all, but sometimes you have to take a chance. Look at it this way: at least we didn't give up Joe Nathan, Boof Bonser and Francisco Liriano for AJ Pierzynski.. or Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano!
    You're right those were bad deals, but I still don't see how you can be excited about giving up B.J. Ryan an absolute freaking stud closer for 8-9 games of Guzman. IMO, that deal is just as bad as the two you mentioned above. The only difference is that Liriano and Kazmir are starters, not relievers.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Ryan wouldn't have been on this team, anyway think Dan O would have given him that large deal last year?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?