Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I would likely involve Baker
    I'm not a big fan of Narron, but no way do I trade anyone to get Dusty Baker over here to manage!!

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just got home from work and find all this stuff. Dont we have any people left on the inside?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Just got home from work and find all this stuff. Dont we have any people left on the inside?
    Nobody that would be stupid enough to risk their jobs by reporting something like this on a public forum, I'd imagine.

And, if any of the media types who the 'Z really knew, they'd be rushing to a microphone or a computer to get the scoop.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I'm not a big fan of Narron, but no way do I trade anyone to get Dusty Baker over here to manage!!

Maybe that's why Narron ran Harang out for 135 pitches, getting them ready for the Baker treatment
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09
    exactly what i was thinking
    Oh it was just some ESPN poster - take it for what it's worth. (nothing)

But CNNSI did bring up the fact the Reds are dangling Kearns, possibly for Westbrook again...so you wonder what's going on with Kearns in general right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Maybe that's why Narron ran Harang out for 135 pitches, getting them ready for the Baker treatment
    Difference was, Dusty had a bullpen.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Would people want more than just Willis for EE and Kearns?

As much as I can't see the Marlins trading both Willis and Cabrera, I could see the Reds making an offer that would be hard to beat for those two.

I will say that I do not believe this will ever happen. I have been saying it as long as these Marlins/Reds rumors have been on this board.

BUT, if Bob is willing to pay the jack I could see the Marlins excepting a deal like:

Kearns, Edwin, Bailey, low level/high ceiling prospect

for

Willis and Cabrera

What other team could offer 2 young ML position players and a #1 pitching prospect like Bailey?

Just dreaming...but it's fun.

1. Lopez SS
    2. Dunn LF
    3. Griffey CF
    4. Cabrera 3B
    5. Hatteberg/Aurilia 1B
    6. Phillips 2B
    7. Denorfia RF
    8. Ross/LaRue C

1. Willis
    2. Harang
    3. Arroyo
    4. Ramirez
    5. Milton

Mmmmm.... replace Milton and find 2 more bullpen arms and the Central would be ours.

I have yet to hear any remotely valid reason why the Marlins would give up Dontrelle Willis for anything, anything at this point.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Kearns for Westbrook?

Still no no no.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I have yet to hear any remotely valid reason why the Marlins would give up Dontrelle Willis for anything, anything at this point.
    Because the Marlins ownership does not want to pay him 10+ million/year that he is going to want. As well, his value is as high as it will ever be right now. He is THE starter who teams believe could be traded this season.

I've been checking the team boards on MLB.com and the local televison websites in Baltimore and Miami and have heard nothing else. Let's play devil's advocate for a moment. The deal could have been done. Forget the prospects that might be involved. Willis is going to be traded regardless. So the Marlins get a good and cheap OF in the trade. Tejeda and the Orioles aren't getting along so they trade him and get a good SS and a 1B which they really need. The NL is as weak as it has ever been and will probably ever be. The Reds are still very much in it so I could see them making a run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Because the Marlins ownership does not want to pay him 10+ million/year that he is going to want. As well, his value is as high as it will ever be right now. He is THE starter who teams believe could be traded this season.
    That's probably true today moreso than ever as Barry Zito has changed agents and now is a Scott Boras client. That move alone probably raised Willis' stock a little.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

No trade clauses involved?

(Not that I believe a word of this rumor)

Man it would be nice to still have Big Donkey, Ryan the Reds fan or cincyredsfan30 around still.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Not Laughing

Wow, after reading all this I'm going to be kinda dissapointed if it's not true...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?