Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade idea...

Re: Trade idea...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You've just traded 200 IP from your rotation for Freel?
    Just responded to your thought. Never supported this trade. Read what I posted earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    This trade idea is silly, but there would be plenty of opportunities for Inge to play. He would probably be as good defensively as Javy Valentin behind the plate, and he also can play every position. He could play CF against LH pitching...
    Correct target, wrong package...
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 04-20-2008 at 06:57 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Inge or Thames is a good idea for this team (I'd take both and make Inge the catcher). I wouldn't deal Arroyo though.

I'd say Coffey and McBeth for Thames when Granderson comes back is a deal Detroit would consider. Inge could slide into Thames RH AB's in LF while continuing as an insurance policy all over the diamond. Granderson takes back over in CF. Coffey and McBeth deepen the pen options for Detroit and the money between Thames and Coffey is about even. Detroit may want a little more and if the Reds parted with a prospect ranked in the 20 something in the system, that guy would probably be in the top 10 in Detroit's depleted system. Coffey and McBeth may both have a role in Detroit's pen freeing a guy like Zach Minor for the rotation until Willis comes back. Coffey wouldn't give up such a high percentage of HR's on his fly balls in Detroit's park.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don't want to punt him. I want to get a good young rotation arm for him at the deadline.
    It's not a bad idea, but again, it's gotta be arm that's ready to pitch next year and one that projects to pitch well. It's still ballsy though. I think the upside would have to be fantastic at this point, especially with the Reds planning on going for it the next couple of years.

The Reds have enough offense. The problem has been "clutch" hitting. Maybe that could be fixed with better lineup construction. The Reds would certainly benefit if they could turn Votto, Griffey, or Dunn into a right-hander. Therefore, I don't think replacing Encarnacion is the answer.

And as RedsManRick said, Arroyo should be considerably more valuable than Inge.

How about Bronson Arroyo for Matt Kemp?? then call of Bailey to take his place in the rotation instead?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    How about Bronson Arroyo for Matt Kemp?? then call of Bailey to take his place in the rotation instead?
    Why would LA do that? Kemp isn't going anywhere. I doubt the Reds would do that.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think Inge or Thames is a good idea for this team (I'd take both and make Inge the catcher). I wouldn't deal Arroyo though.

I'd say Coffey and McBeth for Thames when Granderson comes back is a deal Detroit would consider. Inge could slide into Thames RH AB's in LF while continuing as an insurance policy all over the diamond. Granderson takes back over in CF. Coffey and McBeth deepen the pen options for Detroit and the money between Thames and Coffey is about even. Detroit may want a little more and if the Reds parted with a prospect ranked in the 20 something in the system, that guy would probably be in the top 10 in Detroit's depleted system. Coffey and McBeth may both have a role in Detroit's pen freeing a guy like Zach Minor for the rotation until Willis comes back. Coffey wouldn't give up such a high percentage of HR's on his fly balls in Detroit's park.
    And hey, Todd Jones could teach Todd Coffey a little about relievin'.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why would LA do that? Kemp isn't going anywhere. I doubt the Reds would do that.
    We are talking about Ned Colletti here. :

Turn Off Ads?