Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edwin Encarnacion: NEEDS TO BE IN AAA

Edwin Encarnacion: NEEDS TO BE IN AAA

Does anyone agree. He looks terrible. It looks like a highschooler attempting to throw across the diamond...it's just gotten to the point of just plain TERRIBLE in my opinion.

It's obviously psychological too. He just doesn't have what it takes at this point.
    Last edited by redsrule2500; 04-17-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Encarnacion: NEEDS TO BE IN AAA

His offense is coming around and that's huge for this team. He's not going to win a Gold Glove anytime soon, but if he can get straightened around at the plate it will take a load off his shoulders defensively as well.

You've stuck with him this long and he's finally showing signs of life at the plate. He should not go to Triple A at this point.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

He's now hit .400 over the last 8 games.

It seems he may be hitting...I may have agreed w/ you a week ago, but for now....put him out there.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

That throw was not going to make a difference. Heck, it wasn't even an error.

Weather gets warmer, EE begins hitting. Coincidence? BA up to .240 with an almost .400 OB%...

Um, what? Did I miss something? Did a thread from a week ago get bumped up or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I really don't think demoting Edwin to AAA will do anything to help him at this point. It would only stagnate his development. He needs to work on ironing out the kinks at the ML level without looking over his shoulder all the time. He is only 24.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

He's finally starting to hit. He'll be fine IMO. That play you're referring to today was a very tough play for any third baseman.

He has an eight game hitting streak, and two doubles today.

Not really the time to demote a guy.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Does anyone agree. He looks terrible. It looks like a highschooler attempting to throw across the diamond...it's just gotten to the point of just plain TERRIBLE in my opinion.

It's obviously psychological too. He just doesn't have what it takes at this point.
    No. He's beginning to come around offensively and he's about the only option we have a third, especially with Gonzo out probably for the season and Freel likely traded.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Nope, he needs time. I don't disagree that he looks a bit lost up there at times. I think that begs consistency of opportunity, not jerking him back to AAA every time he slumps.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Um, what? Did I miss something? Did a thread from a week ago get bumped up or something?
    That's what I thought. I immediately looked at the time/date of the first post. Thought it was a joke.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

More appropriate thread title:

Edwin Encarnacion: Needs to be in infield practice.

His bat is starting to warm up, but he's still making bad throws in the field. Something he needs to work on for sure, but if he's hitting, he's going to be an asset to this team.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

EE has a better OPS this season than most lifetime OPS's of the guys many posters want to replace him with.

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.

Beware the small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    More appropriate thread title:

Edwin Encarnacion: Needs to be in infield practice.

His bat is starting to warm up, but he's still making bad throws in the field. Something he needs to work on for sure, but if he's hitting, he's going to be an asset to this team.
    With the potential of Dunn, Griffey, and Patterson all being gone next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see EE wind up in LF with Bruce in RF and maybe a guy like Rosales at 3rd.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-17-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Turn Off Ads?