1. Don't look now, but Homer Bailey may have gotten the message. He's only walked 4 batters in 27 innings at Louisville. He'll be here by mid June at the latest.
2. Fogg will be traded before the end of May (or at first chance after the date the Reds are allowed to, not sure how rules apply after you sign a guy in the offseason).
3. Bill Bray needs to be up here, sooner rather than later.
4. In no way, shape or form does this team need to go anywhere near Frank Thomas.
5. Jolbert Cabrera is not the answer for a RH bat. He's not as good as Ryan Freel. The only forseeable answer against LH pitching is if Encarnacion, Phillips, Keppinger, and Ross can hit them. Otherwise a trade will have to be explored. It's just silly to think that Cabrera can be a RH power bat.
6. Arroyo is still no better than a number 4. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that I am.
7. Joey Votto can be a fairly good option for 3-4 years at 1b. Think Sean Casey, with a little more HR pop. He needs to play 140-150 games this year.
8. Edwin Encarnacion needs to be taking extra infield at least an hour a day. EVERY day. The reds need to hire a sports psychologist for his throwing woes. When he hits, he's a very good hitter. He is very streaky at the plate, live with it for now. There is no better option, unless you want Keppinger at 3b and Gonzo at SS.
9. Speaking of Gonzo, how valuable can he be, when his best asset is his defense, and he's recovering from a cracked knee? I have serious doubts.
10. The next 20 games are very, very important. .500 after 40 games is must if you want to climb into this thing. I don't think anyone is going to run away with the central.