Turn Off Ads?

Thread: After 3 weeks in.................

After 3 weeks in.................

1. Don't look now, but Homer Bailey may have gotten the message. He's only walked 4 batters in 27 innings at Louisville. He'll be here by mid June at the latest.

2. Fogg will be traded before the end of May (or at first chance after the date the Reds are allowed to, not sure how rules apply after you sign a guy in the offseason).

3. Bill Bray needs to be up here, sooner rather than later.

4. In no way, shape or form does this team need to go anywhere near Frank Thomas.

5. Jolbert Cabrera is not the answer for a RH bat. He's not as good as Ryan Freel. The only forseeable answer against LH pitching is if Encarnacion, Phillips, Keppinger, and Ross can hit them. Otherwise a trade will have to be explored. It's just silly to think that Cabrera can be a RH power bat.

6. Arroyo is still no better than a number 4. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that I am.

7. Joey Votto can be a fairly good option for 3-4 years at 1b. Think Sean Casey, with a little more HR pop. He needs to play 140-150 games this year.

8. Edwin Encarnacion needs to be taking extra infield at least an hour a day. EVERY day. The reds need to hire a sports psychologist for his throwing woes. When he hits, he's a very good hitter. He is very streaky at the plate, live with it for now. There is no better option, unless you want Keppinger at 3b and Gonzo at SS.

9. Speaking of Gonzo, how valuable can he be, when his best asset is his defense, and he's recovering from a cracked knee? I have serious doubts.

10. The next 20 games are very, very important. .500 after 40 games is must if you want to climb into this thing. I don't think anyone is going to run away with the central.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: After 3 weeks in.................

Do you honestly think we could get anything out of trading Fogg? Nobody wants him. Hopefully Krivsky realizes that, and cuts him so he doesn't keep bringing this team down.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    1. Don't look now, but Homer Bailey may have gotten the message. He's only walked 4 batters in 27 innings at Louisville. He'll be here by mid June at the latest.

2. Fogg will be traded before the end of May (or at first chance after the date the Reds are allowed to, not sure how rules apply after you sign a guy in the offseason).

3. Bill Bray needs to be up here, sooner rather than later.

4. In no way, shape or form does this team need to go anywhere near Frank Thomas.

5. Jolbert Cabrera is not the answer for a RH bat. He's not as good as Ryan Freel. The only forseeable answer against LH pitching is if Encarnacion, Phillips, Keppinger, and Ross can hit them. Otherwise a trade will have to be explored. It's just silly to think that Cabrera can be a RH power bat.

6. Arroyo is still no better than a number 4. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that I am.

7. Joey Votto can be a fairly good option for 3-4 years at 1b. Think Sean Casey, with a little more HR pop. He needs to play 140-150 games this year.

8. Edwin Encarnacion needs to be taking extra infield at least an hour a day. EVERY day. The reds need to hire a sports psychologist for his throwing woes. When he hits, he's a very good hitter. He is very streaky at the plate, live with it for now. There is no better option, unless you want Keppinger at 3b and Gonzo at SS.

9. Speaking of Gonzo, how valuable can he be, when his best asset is his defense, and he's recovering from a cracked knee? I have serious doubts.

10. The next 20 games are very, very important. .500 after 40 games is must if you want to climb into this thing. I don't think anyone is going to run away with the central.

Why only 3-4 years for Votto...that statement has me scratching my head...will he flame out,be traded...???

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Do you honestly think we could get anything out of trading Fogg? Nobody wants him. Hopefully Krivsky realizes that, and cuts him so he doesn't keep bringing this team down.
    I could see us getting something in return for his low contract and a SP arm. I'm not talking about a huge deal, just a deal to make him go away so we don't eat the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Why only 3-4 years for Votto...that statement has me scratching my head...will he flame out,be traded...???
    I don't think by that point, at the age of 28-29 he'll be worth in dollars he'll command to the Reds. Kinda like, when the Reds gave Casey his deal, seemed like a decent deal at the time, but by the end of it, we was a drag on the payroll. I don't see them investing big money for someone how is not going to be much above league average at his position. Now if he were a reliever, Wayne (if he's around) might break the bank for him.

Turn Off Ads?