Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds and EE talking contract extension?

Reds and EE talking contract extension?

According to Lance on 1530 Homer.

Anyone else hearing this?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds and EE talking contract extension?

Well, Rosenthal had mentioned the Reds were interested in extending him before the season started.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"Well, maybe you should go out and buy a new glove"

"Have you seen the price of those things? Maybe we should talk about my contract"

That's a good thing.

I like it.
    Go BLUE!!!

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    "Well, maybe you should go out and buy a new glove"

"Have you seen the price of those things? Maybe we should talk about my contract"
    What kinda glove are we talkin'? Outfield glove maybe?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I like it.
    Me too.

Games get boring when your infield makes all the routine plays. :
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

This would be a great time to buy low on him. Something like 5 and 30 could look real nice.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'm in favor of it. I'm not sold that he can't be a third baseman at the big league level. He's got great range over there, he knocks down balls and makes play that a lot of third baseman can't make. It's the easier plays that he usually botches. He made huge strides in that department in the second half of last season but they seem to have returned again this season. Some of his throws are due to poor footwork (like the wild throw home against Arizona) but I think most of them come from a loss of confidence after making an error. The best way for him to regain confidence IMO is continuing to stick him at 3B everyday and showing him the Reds are dead set on him being the 3B. I like the way Dusty has handled him so far. Lord knows Jerry Narron would have benched him two weeks ago.

For all the crap he's gotten lately, his hot bat has gone unnoticed. He's currently on a 10-game hitting streak and is now hitting .258/.378/.484 and is on pace to hit 36 homeruns.

Not so sure this is a good idea.

On one hand, EdE has a lot of issues keeping his head in the game.

Is EdE going to be able to relax and perform better if given a LTC, or is he just going to relax and put less effort out?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

if the Coaches can get him to stop throwing sidearm when throwing to 1st or home, then they can help fix his throwing mistakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Not so sure this is a good idea.

On one hand, EdE has a lot of issues keeping his head in the game.

Is EdE going to be able to relax and perform better if given a LTC, or is he just going to relax and put less effort out?
    This is the question of the day. I like Edwin about as much as anyone. I thought he was going to have a breakout year, but I don't know which of these is more likely. Just hopin' that it's the first alternative.
    Win some, lose some, some get rained out.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

I've heard and read that nobody works harder than Edwin.

I really don't think effort is the reason for his inconsistency.

I don't know that I love it. It seems like Frazier is on the fast track and he projects to be a 3B. If the plan is to let Dunn Walk and move EdE to the outfield, then it makes sense, but if the plan is to keep him at 3B, I don't know that I love the idea of extending him for too long unless it's an absolute bargain.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 04-21-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I don't know that I love it. It seems like Frazier is on the fast track and he projects to be a 3B. If the plan is to let Dunn Walk and move EdE to the outfield, then it makes sense, but if the plan is to keep him at 3B, I don't know that I love the idea of extending her for too long unless it's an absolute bargain.
    I would at least try to buy out his arb years. At that point, you could make a decision on him/Dunn/Frazier.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?