Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday April 22 Minor League Updates

Tuesday April 22 Minor League Updates

In honor of me going to my first minor league game tonight, I'll start this thread. I'll be at the Louisville/Indianapolis game. Maloney, Bruce, McCutchen, Walker, and Pearce. Should be a good game.

AAA
    Louisville (Maloney 1-0 6.75) @ Indianapolis (Van Benschoten 3-0 2.60) 7pm

AA
    Mobile @ Chattanooga 7:15pm

A+
    Dunedin (Rodriguez 1-1 3.86) @ Sarasota (Guerrero 0-2 14.25)

A
    Cedar Rapids @ Dayton 7pm
    Last edited by REDblooded; 04-22-2008 at 11:22 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tuesday April 22 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    In honor of me going to my first minor league game tonight, I'll start this thread. I'll be at the Louisville/Indianapolis game. Maloney, Bruce, McCutchen, Walker, and Pearce. Should be a good game.
    Very nice. McCutchen has been pretty good so far this year. I think he is an underrated player right now in prospect circles.

Who's pitching for Chattanooga?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Who's pitching for Chattanooga?
    James Avery.

I'm going to the Indy game tonight as well. I went to the Indians game last Tuesday night and they looked good against Pawtucket. McCutheon is very good and defensively, Indy looked great at all infield positions.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I'm going to the Indy game tonight as well. I went to the Indians game last Tuesday night and they looked good against Pawtucket. McCutheon is very good and defensively, Indy looked great at all infield positions.
    I'm jealous. I want to go watch Maloney pitch but just too busy tonight.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_126383.asp

Cincinnati Reds Move Two Current Chattanooga Players To Triple-A
    posted April 22, 2008

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – The Cincinnati Reds have announced that infielder Luis Bolivar and right handed pitcher Justin Mallett have been promoted to AAA Louisville. In a conjunctive move, infielder Michael DeJesus and right handed pitcher Michael Hrynio have been assigned to Chattanooga.

The moves were made after pitcher Matt Belisle completed his rehab assignment at Triple-A Louisville, and the Reds promoted veteran infielder Jerry Hairston, Jr. from the Bats. To make room on the Cincinnati roster, infielder Juan Castro was designated for assignment.

Bolivar, who is currently tied for the Southern League lead in hits (22) and runs (13), hit at a .306 clip with three homers and nine RBIs for the Lookouts. He spent the majority of last season in Chattanooga, where he hit .297 in 109 games, but finished the season in Louisville. In 13 games for the Bats, he hit .262.

Mallett began the 2008 season in the Lookouts’ rotation, but after one start, made the transition to bullpen duty. Overall, he posted a 0-1 record with a 4.50 ERA in five games. Last season, he went 3-6 with a 4.73 ERA in 44 games for the Lookouts. On August 31st of last season, he made one start for Louisville, throwing five innings of shutout ball to earn the win in his AAA debut.

DeJesus was promoted from Sarasota, where he hit .273 with two doubles and one triple in 13 games. He spent the entire season in Sarasota and hit .261 with four homers.

Hrynio, who began his professional career as an infielder in the Seattle Mariners organization, signed with the Cincinnati Reds organization as a Minor League free agent. He spent the vast majority of the 2007 season in West Tennessee, where he went 3-1 with a 3.78 ERA and two saves in 20 games out of the bullpen.
    /r/reds

Mallett has pitched well since being moved back to the pen after making one start to begin the season. He allowed four runs in three innings in his first start. Since going to the pen: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K.

Who takes Belisle's spot in the Louisville rotation? Mallett? Why not leave him in the pen if he's better suited there?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Who takes Belisle's spot in the Louisville rotation? Mallett? Why not leave him in the pen if he's better suited there?
    no one, they'll go back to 5. it fit well with Belisle in there because they played a double header where Bailey / Shearn threw. then, a week later they had a day off. Homer still threw on normal schedule (4 days off in between), Shearn threw 5 days off in between, and now they're back on schedule. Pettyjohn / Lehr will throw the Wed / Thurs and Homer back to Friday, Shearn Saturday, etc...

Luis Montano is starting for Dayton.

Maloney is killing the Indians, literally.

Todd Frazier 2-run HR, his 6th of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    So he actually killed a couple of the Indians? That would be a huge blow to his prospect status.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post

Explain, please.

Turn Off Ads?