Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could we have traded Dunn for Volquez?...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Could we have traded Dunn for Volquez?...

I am not sure about how Dunn's current contract would come into play, but this would have been a far better move for the Reds. I believe the Rangers would have gone for it as well.

IMHO, i would take a Josh Hamilton over an Adam Dunn any day of the week.

Dunn struggles in more areas than he excels in. Hamilton is a 5 tool guy.....enough said.

Re: Could we have traded Dunn for Volquez?...

Although most will not agree with you, I actually will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal#23Fan View Post
    I am not sure about how Dunn's current contract would come into play, but this would have been a far better move for the Reds. I believe the Rangers would have gone for it as well.

Dunn struggles in more areas than he excels in. Hamilton is a 5 tool guy.....enough said.
    If a Dunn for Volquez/Herrera trade would have gone down you would not be reading this post right now. The thermo-nuclear (over)reaction to that trade would have nuked Redszone right off the web for weeks. Hell, maybe months or even years. Perhaps rightfully so.

I know there is some serious man love for Dunn on here, but i have never seen the results on the field. Yeah, Dunn gives you 40 HR's and 90+ RBIs, but plays lazy defense, has a terrible arm, strikes out on average around 150 times per year, and has a .248 career BA.

Sorry.....i just don't see it.

Here's to the minority

I know there is some serious man love for Dunn on here, but i have never seen the results on the field. Yeah, Dunn gives you 40 HR's and 90+ RBIs, but plays lazy defense, has a terrible arm, strikes out on average around 150 times per year, and has a .248 career BA.

Sorry.....i just don't see it.

Here's to the minority
    try a average 182 k's per 162 games played in his career..

I wish that trade would have happened anyday.. and unfortunately I think now that krivsky is fired.. dunn will get a LTD..

The Rangers would not have traded their best pitching prospect (plus an interesting low-minors arm) for one year of Adam Dunn. MLB-ready starters with minimal service time are incredibly valuable, and sometimes you have to give value to get value.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The Rangers would not have traded their best pitching prospect (plus an interesting low-minors arm) for one year of Adam Dunn. MLB-ready starters with minimal service time are incredibly valuable, and sometimes you have to give value to get value.
    I wonder if the Reds at least sent out some feelers?

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

His salary would have been the biggest hindrance IMO.

In July of 06, Texas traded 1 1/2 years of Francisco Cordero for 1/2 year of Carlos Lee, didn't they. Actually they traded a little more than that. I know Hamilton is young and cheap. He also carries some injury and drug-usage baggage. I think they might very well have jumped at native Texan Adam Dunn for Volquez and Herrera. Who knows? Maybe 1/2 a year for a team nominally in contention, is perceived as more valuable than a whole year for a team with questions about contending.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Actually, Hamilton has six tools if you count the crack pipe as a tool.

I know, I know, but seriously, he was (and still is) a major risk to relapse and has always been injury-prone. This is one of the few instances where the front office did the right thing and sold high (get it? Hamilton? High?).

After Dunn's failure to run over the tiniest catcher in baseball Sunday, though, I finally don't give a crap if they don't extend him.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    After Dunn's failure to run over the tiniest catcher in baseball Sunday, though, I finally don't give a crap if they don't extend him.

Really? That's the tipping point for you?

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Really? That's the tipping point for you?
    Yep. He's clearly not a "gamer".

Actually I'm just irritated that I was at that game and left early because my kids were with me and I felt guilty letting them get rained on since neither of them like baseball. But I'm quite surprised and disappointed in how Dunn handled that play, and I hope he is too.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

i think this team is missing hamilton right now.

Avg .305
    Hrs. 4
    7 dbles
    19 RBI's

and only 10 SO out of 82 AB's.

Im pretty sure that would qualify for best on the team right now.

He did the same all through pre-season as well.

The Rangers really wanted Josh Hamilton, and rightfully so. He was a very talented outfield prospect, was going to be cheap for a long time, and had already proved himself with 1 year of MLB experience. Dunn, on the other hand, was in his option year, and was going to be very expensive in free agency. I doubt anyone but Hamilton(possibly Bruce) was ever in trade talks.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    The Rangers really wanted Josh Hamilton, and rightfully so. He was a very talented outfield prospect, was going to be cheap for a long time, and had already proved himself with 1 year of MLB experience. Dunn, on the other hand, was in his option year, and was going to be very expensive in free agency. I doubt anyone but Hamilton(possibly Bruce) was ever in trade talks.
    Sounds about right....i keep forgetting Dunn was in his option year last year.

Who could we get for Dunn at this point?? Move Dunn ASAP and insert Bruce into his spot.

Turn Off Ads?